• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrispy179
Im looking to get some new frames soon. These are what I wear now...
n24007555_32740003_2064.jpg
gotten pretty tired of these. Plus i want something that would look good with shorter hair. Thinking about something like these
00AE8052.JPG
What do you think would be good?

Originally Posted by constant struggle
i think you need to fix the rest of your look first.
Originally Posted by tatet
Your shirt makes you look like a plant
Wow, welcome to the forums. If you didn't know, everyone here was born with style - their chapped asses even matched their eyes when they were babies. Unfortunately, sometimes that natural style leads to an inability to know what it may be like to need some help in the style category. Basically, ignore the assholes around here (at least, when they're being assholes). As for the glasses, the ones you picked look nice, but they will stand out more on your face than your current ones due to the slightly thicker, darker frame. You should be sure to find some to try on at a nearby B&M to make sure you like the look. You could try some other colors too and play with some different styles of frames. Maybe even take some pics and if you really want to hear from people around here, post them and you can get some feedback (ON THE GLASSES). Good luck.

chrispy179

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrailofTears
Wow, welcome to the forums. If you didn't know, everyone here was born with style - their chapped asses even matched their eyes when they were babies. Unfortunately, sometimes that natural style leads to an inability to know what it may be like to need some help in the style category. Basically, ignore the assholes around here (at least, when they're being assholes).

As for the glasses, the ones you picked look nice, but they will stand out more on your face than your current ones due to the slightly thicker, darker frame. You should be sure to find some to try on at a nearby B&M to make sure you like the look. You could try some other colors too and play with some different styles of frames. Maybe even take some pics and if you really want to hear from people around here, post them and you can get some feedback (ON THE GLASSES). Good luck.

Thanks for the real feedback. Next time ill put a bit more discretion into any pictures i post.
Also - if i were to cut my hair a lot shorter than it is, do you think thinker frames would look better by standing out- or would they overpower?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude looks like McLovin with that vest on.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I talked to Moscot yesterday and they were super helpful on the phone. I'm getting the Emile and Hesh in the mail to decide which one I want them I'm mailing both them back with instructions on which on I picked to have them put my prescription in them.

Emile
emile-black.jpg

Hesh
hesh-tortoise-1.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are small frames out there, I have such a small head and find 95% of frames too big. I have been told I should look for a diameter of 49 or smaller, though this seems to be a rarity.

I am willing to look at women's glasses too, I just want to find some small, funky glasses that are built well. (nothing from guess or any crap like that)

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Does anyone know if there are small frames out there, I have such a small head and find 95% of frames too big. I have been told I should look for a diameter of 49 or smaller, though this seems to be a rarity.

I am willing to look at women's glasses too, I just want to find some small, funky glasses that are built well. (nothing from guess or any crap like that)

You're not looking for a diameter of 49. Youre looking for an "eye size" of 49. Also, there are other factors like the bridge size (the part in the middle that connects the 2 lenses).

If youre looking for funky and small look up, Prodesign and Kliik. Also if youre looking for a small one and not concerned about name brands there is a small company called Menizzi. They have small frames and funky colors.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of grabbing these IC BERLIN acetate as my next pair:

albrecht_gun.jpg

I wanted Mykitas, but all oll their new frames are big and I nee something smaller to hide my bottle cap lenses.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
You're not looking for a diameter of 49. Youre looking for an "eye size" of 49. Also, there are other factors like the bridge size (the part in the middle that connects the 2 lenses).

If youre looking for funky and small look up, Prodesign and Kliik. Also if youre looking for a small one and not concerned about name brands there is a small company called Menizzi. They have small frames and funky colors.

Gotcha. Thanks, will look into it.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Thinking of grabbing these IC BERLIN acetate as my next pair:

I wanted Mykitas, but all oll their new frames are big and I nee something smaller to hide my bottle cap lenses.

Try smaller round frames. It will make the lenses look less thick. Also look for high index lenses. Depending on how high your RX is, look for 1.67 or 1.74 high index lenses. They will be thinner, lighter and youll get a wider field of view.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Try smaller round frames. It will make the lenses look less thick. Also look for high index lenses. Depending on how high your RX is, look for 1.67 or 1.74 high index lenses. They will be thinner, lighter and youll get a wider field of view.

My index is HIGH. Im like a 650. I do get 1.74 lenses. Thing is all of the frames i wants are all rectangular and large. And the smaller lenses I do like, I don't have the nose for (Shakes fist in the "Damn Asian nose"). Right now I'm currently wearing Salt:

wayne2.jpg

Which as are a big as I can go. Thank god the lense is thick enough to hide my lenses

TJS1589

Reaction score
I just got a some glasses. They are Scott Harris. I like them. Not to bad expensive.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
My index is HIGH. Im like a 650. I do get 1.74 lenses. Thing is all of the frames i wants are all rectangular and large. And the smaller lenses I do like, I don't have the nose for (Shakes fist in the "Damn Asian nose"). Right now I'm currently wearing Salt:

Which as are a big as I can go. Thank god the lense is thick enough to hide my lenses

-6.50 is not that bad. Another factor is how wide your eyes are set apart. The larger they are set apart, the thinner your lenses will look. Many factors. But if you go to a good optical, they will be able to find you a style you like while still getting you thin lenses. There are also tricks as to how they cut the lenses. You can take the same lenses and same frames and make the lenses look thinner. Find a good optical and stick with them...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads