• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of my Tom Ford RTW Suit

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I have no idea exactly what is causing the problem. I only know what looks wrong: the points of the shoulder extend beyond the curvature of the OP's upper arms. Narrowing the shoulders might help with that, but the OP will also look like a barrel because his arms will appear to be bulging out at his sides. I'd prefer to keep a more vertical outer line.

agree, so the shoulder needs to be extended to where the arms are - like you do when you correct the picture.

The shoulders are too small. what f-in idiots at TF, they just sent it to me today, i'll be calling them tomorrow. If the shoulders were like M. fan drew, and the chest was constructed correctly with waist supression - it would like how I like. Its all fcked up though..

I wonder if the tailor there I was speaking with is their head tailor..

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it even possible to have the shoulders extended?

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
no, you can see that shoulder 'dimple' a lot more clearly in the mirror picture. That's what I love about this forum....nothing gets by the experts. Good job guys!
worship.gif
I recant my original 'nitpick' post....once it's pointed out, it becomes very obvious.

The dimple is clearer in the picture he took close-up of his side. Not so much in the close-up pictures he took from the front. P.S. I agree the shoulders are too narrow. I have a similar problem with RTW in that my shoulders are wide for my size and tend to push out against the upper sleeve.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
agree, so the shoulder needs to be extended to where the arms are - like you do when you correct the picture.

The shoulders are too small. what f-in idiots at TF, they just sent it to me today, i'll be calling them tomorrow. If the shoulders were like M. fan drew, and the chest was constructed correctly with waist supression - it would like how I like. Its all fcked up though..

I wonder if the tailor there I was speaking with is their head tailor..

I mean, the problem isn't just in the shoulders. Something about the whole suit is off. To me, the chest appears too lean, the button stance too high, and the back shaping just tragic. I'm terrible at understanding the concept of 'balance'--but this jacket doesn't have it. It's most obvious to me from the side perspective. It looks as if someone is pulling the jacket back and down over your shoulders, yet your collar is where it's supposed to be. Like an optical illusion. Seriously F'ed up.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agree

It really is your own fault as a consumer, you should have had a better idea about proper fit before you went and dropped 3k+ on a suit. In your previous thread you talked about how you love the aesthetic, well I guess you weren't even really sure what you were trying to achieve. Marketing works.
bigstar[1].gif

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the shoulders are definately too small.

Should I aim to get a refund, get them to give me a MTM, a different RTW, or fix the current suit (which isn't really fixable)

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
I seriously hate retail establishments...they truly don't give a shite so long as they get their cash

I'm sure this statement is true of all retailers and every employee that have ever worked retail.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
It really is your own fault as a consumer, you should have had a better idea about proper fit before you went and dropped 3k+ on a suit. In your previous thread you talked about how you love the aesthetic, well I guess you weren't even really sure what you were trying to achieve. Marketing works.
bigstar[1].gif

Huh? If I'm spending 3K on a suit the professional staff & tailor should not allow me to buy a suit that is too small on my shoulders. I'm not a suit fitter nor tailor.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
bigstar[1].gif

Perhaps to some extent, but stores in general should have some pride and integrity....the tailor at the store is supposed to be the expert on proper fit especially at at store like TF that bills itself as the ultimate...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, the shoulders are definately too small.

Should I aim to get a refund, get them to give me a MTM, a different RTW, or fix the current suit (which isn't really fixable)

I'd return the suit and take some time to consider your next course of action. Now that you have firsthand experience, you should know better than before whether the Tom Ford look is what you want and whether it is achievable. If you absolutely must have Tom Ford, I would definitely not try to get this suit fixed--at this point, it would just be a hatchet job. Maybe a size up in RTW would work better, which you can check for yourself. Otherwise, MTM beckons . . .

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh? If I'm spending 3K on a suit the professional staff & tailor should not allow me to buy a suit that is too small on my shoulders. I'm not a suit fitter nor tailor.

I'm not saying the fault is only your own, but the forum warned you and you went ahead anyway. Proper fit isn't really as hard as it may seam. Something is very off about that suit, I think even a bum would be able to tell.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'm sure this statement is true of all retailers and every employee that have ever worked retail.

No, but the reverse seems more like the exception

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads