• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

oceans11

Reaction score
My favorite Peruvian restaurant in Cerritos El Rocoto, I had my favorite dish Lomo Saltado, which is saut'eed beef, red onions, tomatoes, french fries on a bed of rice (I know, french fries?) but it's awesome.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
steak biaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch.

I already posted about it in the "things that are pissing you off" thread, but I ust figured I'd let you know.

K

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lunch satrday in Sao Paulo - fejuada, black beans, rice, a variety of smoked and stewed meats, fried banana and orange, with some watermelon juice.

dinner Saturday in Beunos Ares - handmade ham, nut and rocotta ravioli with pink sauce, small grassfed steak, pork sausage, a dessert that was basically a slice of mozerella with a slice of thick sweet potato jam on top. half a bottle of very nice, 8 year old argentinian red wine. bottle of water. whole meal, with tip, 20 bucks.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
beef empanada
chorizo
confit of suckling pig with orange reduction sauce
bottle of red argentinian wine
candied ginger and orange peel
espresso
dulce de leche and orange gelato

romeo y juliata short churchill

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
beef empanada
chorizo
confit of suckling pig with orange reduction sauce
bottle of red argentinian wine
candied ginger and orange peel
espresso
dulce de leche and orange gelato

romeo y juliata short churchill

I love dulce de leche

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My wife got us one of those AeroGardens a few months ago. So I harvested all the basil I could (stuff grows like a weed), toasted some pine nuts, dropped those, with some good EVOO, four cloves of garlic, some kosher salt, fresh pepper, and good Parm Reg. into the food processor. Then I got out the Kitchen Aid and dough hooked myself a ball of fresh pasta, strapped on the pasta attachment, and made nice, thick linguine noodles.

Seared some shallots and garlic, tossed in a table spoon of capers, and browned off some sweet Italian chicken sausage. Tossed the cooked pasta and pesto into the fry pan, and man, was that good. Had a nice chianti with it.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
How is the Aero Garden? Saw it at Sur La Table the other day and thought it looked kinda cool.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
How is the Aero Garden? Saw it at Sur La Table the other day and thought it looked kinda cool.

So far, so good. There's a big tank of water in the main part of the stand, into which you drop nutrient tablets. Lights go off when you need to add more water or feed (like weeks apart). The grow light goes on a timed program. You pop these pods into the slots, a few weeks later, you have fresh herbs. Pretty slick IMO.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I love dulce de leche

yeah, me too. I prefer the argentinian version, which is sort of heresy for my wife. and, there seem to be maybe 20 types available in BA.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
yeah, me too. I prefer the argentinian version, which is sort of heresy for my wife. and, there seem to be maybe 20 types available in BA.

But I thought you were in BA?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
But I thought you were in BA?

yep, just boarding the plane for santiago. I prefer the argentinian version, which is what I have been having for the past few days, is what I meant.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tortellini filled with ham and cheese in a pink tomato cream sauce
veal marsala - the best I have had in maybe 15 years, can't tell you how much I enjoyed it
tiramisu
red chilian wine

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads