• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers khaki's - which fit?

PolePosition

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a pair of Brooks Brothers Advantage Chino khaki's but was wondering what your opinion on their different fits. The Clark and the Milano are their two slimmest fits with the Clark marketed as a straight leg and Milano as slim fit. I've tried the Clark on and its pretty good but I told the salesman to transfer in a pair of the Milano's in from another store so I can try it on, so waiting for them to call me.....but in the meantime for those have have seen, which one you think looks better?

Clark:
FirstFrame.jpg

Milano:
FirstFrame.jpg

free man

Reaction score
If your a slim enough guy, I would go with the "milano"

kjm

Reaction score
I'm also trying to decide between the Clark and Milano cuts. I actually just sent an email to BB asking for the rise and leg opening measurements for the two cuts (for a size 32/32). My local store doesn't carry either fit, so I'm going to place an order based on the measurements they provide. If you're interested I can post the numbers.

What colors are you planning on ordering?

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a tallish slim guy (6'0" 160 lbs) and I've gone through both the Clark and Milano. In the end I prefer the Clark. The Milano fits well in the seat and legs, but is too low-rise to look good wearing any tucked-in shirt. It makes my torso look long, and I end up looking a bit like a wiener dog.

I wear a 32/34.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
I'm thinking about getting a pair of Brooks Brothers Advantage Chino khaki's but was wondering what your opinion on their different fits. The Clark and the Milano are their two slimmest fits with the Clark marketed as a straight leg and Milano as slim fit. I've tried the Clark on and its pretty good but I told the salesman to transfer in a pair of the Milano's in from another store so I can try it on, so waiting for them to call me.....but in the meantime for those have have seen, which one you think looks better?

I prefer the Clark as it works well for my proportions. I'm a bit bigger than you (6'4" 200 lbs) and require something with a decent rise so that I can tuck in a shirt and not generate the "sitting on a wire" effect.

$unny

Reaction score
I wear the Milano cut. it is quite slim (snug?) -the waist sits lower too.

i really like these pants.

i'm 6'2" 165#'s

KA1555

Reaction score
I own a pair of Milanos. Love the fit, but for the first time I think I may need to do a 32 length in a pair of chinos (for my next pair, that is).

The pair I own right now is a 30x30, and of course they shrank a bit in the wash (as all chinos do), but for some reason these seem just a little shorter than the rest of my chinos.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kjm
I'm also trying to decide between the Clark and Milano cuts. I actually just sent an email to BB asking for the rise and leg opening measurements for the two cuts (for a size 32/32). My local store doesn't carry either fit, so I'm going to place an order based on the measurements they provide. If you're interested I can post the numbers.

What colors are you planning on ordering?

I'm planning on just getting the plain khaki color since its the most versatile.

Hmm the other posters make a good point about tucking in and lower rise, def something I'll consider.

How much shrinkage is expected? I am 34/30 and that's the perfect size pre-shrink...after shrink will it be a big difference? Should I size up in the waist? Inseam?

$unny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KA1555
I own a pair of Milanos. Love the fit, but for the first time I think I may need to do a 32 length in a pair of chinos (for my next pair, that is).

The pair I own right now is a 30x30, and of course they shrank a bit in the wash (as all chinos do), but for some reason these seem just a little shorter than the rest of my chinos.

you're right. i get 31/32 when i'm normally 31/31..... i have the navy, the khaki, and lost a pair of the bone/ivory(?) ones which i liked very much.

mljones99

Reaction score
I'm 6'6" and 280lbs and have about 6 pairs of the Clark fit. Very comfortable... wear to work, play golf, etc...

kjm

Reaction score
This was the response from Brooks Brothers:

I am following up with you regarding the requested measurements. Our Milano trousers in a size
32-32 have a front rise of 9" and bottom leg opening of 8 3/4". Our Clark trousers have a front rise
of 11" and a leg opening of 8".

Do those leg opening measurements seem right to you? I figured the Clarks would have a bigger opening. I think either she meant to type 9" or she mixed up the Clark leg opening measurements with the Milano measurements. Thoughts?

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Clarks seem to have a larger leg opening, but it's hard to say. The Milanos give the impression of being more tapered.

kjm

Reaction score
I went with Clark fit. The 9" rise seems too low, especially on my 6'2" frame.

huskyzealot

Reaction score
i recently tried on both....for me the the clarks were a better fit. the tapering of the milano seemed a little off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads