• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Lace-Up boots...

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modal
Anyone know if the alden dress boots generally run large or small?
That depends on the last used to make the boots and your own feet. For me, the Grant last runs true to size, and the Plaza last runs small, where I have to size up half a size.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All these stories wanna make me get the RW 1911 even more. I wanna feel how much a pair of boots can hurt and I'd like to see how feel how much more comfortable they get. jet: thanks for the heads up man, now I don't have to obsess over the APC boots no more!
smile.gif

korce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
What about Paul Smith "Dickens"?

5997_0_2_700.jpg

Originally Posted by SantosLHalper
Those are the ones I was thinking of. Bought them about a month ago. Just awesome. The difference is that the last is a bit wider than the Sundance, and they are available in olive green as well as black.

For those who were loving these boots when the thread was started, I have a few pairs for sale in the Men's Clothing B&S if you're interested:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=93091

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
I lost my good pics when my laptop quit, so I need to take more. Here is what I scrounged up from way back:

shellboot2.jpg

shellboot4.jpg

I think Louis ordered the original version like mine, but the ones we did for Bergdorf were on a little sleeker last:

shellboot5.jpg

I like them, what boots are these?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I love those vass but they're too rich for my blood.

kit99bar

Reaction score
does anyone else have more information on how the plaza last fits? I've now heard size up 1, size up .5 and true to size.
confused.gif

Originally Posted by robin
That depends on the last used to make the boots and your own feet. For me, the Grant last runs true to size, and the Plaza last runs small, where I have to size up half a size.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I love those vass but they're too rich for my blood.

Didn't realize there was such a thing, but those Vass are essentially perfect for what they are.

IMO Wings + Horns work boots are perfect, for what they are. I just wish that the company that makes them (Dayton) would make a similar model that's undistressed but still sleek. I'm not digging the price tag on these (7-800?) but from what I hear of the company, it's fairly justified.

amlai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kit99bar
does anyone else have more information on how the plaza last fits? I've now heard size up 1, size up .5 and true to size.
confused.gif

For me, I size up by .5 and down a width. True to size also fits me, but not quite as well.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a similar shoe to the Polo Bauchi Boot for a cheaper price and with a rubber sole if possible.
pPOLO2-5104583_standard_v330.jpg

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kopped a pair similar with that, very similar the same height, silhouette, and shape. Notable differences were rubber commando sole, but just a bit thinner than the Alden commando sole... Oh, and plain toe, instead of capped.

If you want, I can dig through my **** and find out the what past model they are for you. Brand isn't SF "approved", but honestly who gives a ****. Feel free to drop a PM.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
where to kop the vass boots? i have cream-suede vass oxfords that are my favorite shoes right now.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Pm A Harris.

Bring suitcase of money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics