• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Billy Reid's collection...

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
any experience with this shirt? http://www.billyreid.com/denim-slant...p-1021313.html
It's softer denim than Skull and other denim shirts. I guess you could starch it to make it more rigid, but it won't fade with pronounced whiskers like Skull, et al.
Originally Posted by SirLurksAlot
Anyone have an idea on how their sizing runs (i.e. compared to Red Wing)? The no returns on sale items is not good so I'm hoping someone has tried them so I can make an educated guess on my size.
The logging boots and every Billy Reid shoe run a size small. I normally wear a US11 and wear a size 10 for Billy Reid. I checked out the logging boot this weekend again -- it's nicer than I remember and has some very cool details (contrast seams, contrast faux-stitched welt). Leather and construction are top-notch. I guess the part I like most about them is that unlike other boots of the same type (Caterpillar, Timberland, etc.) they're more modern and slim. They lace up high with leather laces which is a nice touch.
Originally Posted by Lel
EDIT: Also several of the shoes mention that they are cordovan, can anyone confirm?
Yes, they're cordovan.

gyea

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

The logging boots and every Billy Reid shoe run a size small. I normally wear a US11 and wear a size 10 for Billy Reid. I checked out the logging boot this weekend again -- it's nicer than I remember and has some very cool details (contrast seams, contrast faux-stitched welt). Leather and construction are top-notch. I guess the part I like most about them is that unlike other boots of the same type (Caterpillar, Timberland, etc.) they're more modern and slim. They lace up high with leather laces which is a nice touch.

I spoke to someone at the Dallas location, and he says they run true to size. According to him, if I am a 10.5 in Brooks Brothers, then I should be a 10.5 for the logging boots. haha, so from what why said and the SA, i'm still not sure what size to get.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think someone needs to take one for the team here. . .

gyea

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit

haha...i might just pull the trigger. I just called a SA at the houston store and they also recommended me a 10.5 if i planned on wearing a thicker sock, based on me wearing a 10.5 in BB.

Both SA at the Dallas and Houston store were really helpful, even though I was planning on purchasing online. +1 in my book.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gyea
I spoke to someone at the Dallas location, and he says they run true to size. According to him, if I am a 10.5 in Brooks Brothers, then I should be a 10.5 for the logging boots. haha, so from what why said and the SA, i'm still not sure what size to get.

Brooks Brothers shoes have all different sizing. Some are true some are not because they're all from different shoemakers and have different lasts.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ why, it'd also be helpful if you tell which shoemakers you're a size 11 in.

gyea

Reaction score
good point why.

man i hate buying shoes online. haha another SA told me to buy in my sperry topsider size. he would usually size down 1/2 a size, but for the logging boot he said he wouldn't size down.

so he recommended me an 11, since thats what i wear in sperry.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
^ why, it'd also be helpful if you tell which shoemakers you're a size 11 in.
Yeah, I thought about that but with different lasts it makes it hard to reference. My foot is pretty much exactly 11 inches from big toe to heel. I wouldn't size down for the logging boot. I'd personally wear a 10 for the logging boot but a 10.5 would work too.

gyea

Reaction score
i just bought a 10.5, so i'll update you guys.

SirLurksAlot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit

Done. I ordered a pair of the Loggers in size 9. I wear a size 9 in Red Wings as well. Hopefully it works out or they'll end up on the Style Forum Market.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nicely done fellas.
Please let us know how the turn out.

hammerhill

Reaction score
I'm going to go with a half-size down because I have such narrow feet, size 10. I suppose since there's a handful of us all blindly ordering the boots, we can sort things out in swaps
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads