• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A strange pee question

Lear

Reaction score
I know that I've probably opened the floodgates. I expect a torrent of humorous replies, a veritable flood of witty banter. For those of you flush with suggestions, I'd be most grateful. Rather than splash my thoughts throughout SF, I thought I'd concentrate them within Body Consciousness. It'll be a relief to hear of solutions to my dilemma. So, please keep the stream of ideas flowing... Now that we live in an age of water conservation, many in the UK have heeded the governments advice; only flushing the toilet after a 'larger' movement (same faces you pull while bench pressing, but without the stench). Anyway, I've noticed that after about 4 weeks (still being flushed about twice a day) a thick calcium like film builds up over the entire submerged part of the toilet. Normal procedure simply won't shift it. Bleach, mild toilet cleaners and toilet brushes have no impact. Only spirit of salts or caustic soda does the trick. Now, this is a toilet that only I ever use. Nobody I've talked to (not even the ladies I try to impress at dinner parties) seems to have any idea of what I'm talking about. I can only assume that it MUST be the enormous amounts of broccoli I consume most nights. Maybe I have Super Macho Strength Pee, rather like the stuff that ate through 5 decks of the space ship in Alien! Maybe I could bottle it. I'd be RICH, RICH, RICH, beyond my wildest dreams! I'll have bespoke suits and... Should I be considering a patent lawyer or a psychiatrist? Not really a problem, I'm just curious as to whether a change in diet can do this
laugh.gif

mikej77

Reaction score
Just flush the damn toilet after you take a piss or a ****. I doubt you are really doing an environmental favor by dumping everything from bleach to caustic soda rather than just flushing it.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a diet change, I believe that it is caused by the water and the materials that the toilet is made of. Seek a home improvement center for a better toilet.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikej77
Just flush the damn toilet after you take a piss or a ****. I doubt you are really doing an environmental favor by dumping everything from bleach to caustic soda rather than just flushing it.
+1.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm just glad that his post didn't involve ants.

Urine was once used to make saltpeter, an ingredient for gun powder.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin

Or decomposing bodies (nitrite part of saltpeter)

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down.

Lear

Reaction score
Thanks for all of those thoughts. I was half-expecting a stream of invective. It's been a load off my mind.

In the cause of environmental friendliness, I've always tended to aim too high. However, if the trickle-down effect saves just one coral reef in the Pacific Rim, I'll be happy.

Lear

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin

It was also used in dyeing. And according to one source, in medieval Spain, the nobility (take note, LK) used to brush their teeth with stale urine. Not sure how one determines it's stale. Taste?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads