• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: 70% Off all Clearance BB 2 days

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
hopefully another 25% will be effective,maybe even more
smile.gif

According to my sales rep she doesn't think so, they usually get instructions by now. Could happen but she hasn't seen anything but the normal instructions. An interesting note, she said this year it appears BB made less items, where she normally would get 10 suits she got 4 of a particular type. Some of her customers who she has worked with for years are complaining that many of the stapes they buy once a year are sold out.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was under the assumption that they made/ordered far too much for fall, and given the downturn, decided to aggressively unload as much as possible.

If it's true they made less for this fall, why so many sales?

Are they are using the down economy as an excuse to switch to a Joseph A. Bank pricing strategy?

ColeFieldHouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
I was under the assumption that they made/ordered far too much for fall, and given the downturn, decided to aggressively unload as much as possible.

If it's true they made less for this fall, why so many sales?

Are they are using the down economy as an excuse to switch to a Joseph A. Bank pricing strategy?

Perhaps they ordered less than normal and are still hurting. In that case, if BB had ordered at the normal volume (which would be way too much), they'd be struggling on Saks' level.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm are we the only people buying their stuff?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
According to my sales rep she doesn't think so, they usually get instructions by now. Could happen but she hasn't seen anything but the normal instructions.

An interesting note, she said this year it appears BB made less items, where she normally would get 10 suits she got 4 of a particular type. Some of her customers who she has worked with for years are complaining that many of the stapes they buy once a year are sold out.

So we shouldn't expect anything for christmas? That would be weird, I was hoping that there will be 25% on discounted items just like they did a week or so ago.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
An interesting note, she said this year it appears BB made less items, where she normally would get 10 suits she got 4 of a particular type.

I also heard that BB ordered fewer quantities of items for the fall/winter season. I was told that for Black Fleece, some items were limited to about a dozen across the company, total.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
those boots are very tempting,any idea who makes them?
I presume Peal, but I'm not sure. I have the saddle shoes and those are definitely by Peal.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we shouldn't expect anything for christmas? That would be weird, I was hoping that there will be 25% on discounted items just like they did a week or so ago.

I think you will get the 25% and another 15% the morning of but it should come close to the 70 we just saw.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I wanted to finally get a DB Camel hair coat and the Golden Fleece ones were again some insanely small run of like 12 company wide in my size. Which seems off.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I wanted to finally get a DB Camel hair coat and the Golden Fleece ones were again some insanely small run of like 12 company wide in my size. Which seems off.

That number sounds about right for an item like that. It still means a total production run of a few hundred coats representing maybe a half million dollars at retail. A lot of Ralph Lauren tailored clothing is produced with even fewer per size.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
That number sounds about right for an item like that. It still means a total production run of a few hundred coats representing maybe a half million dollars at retail. A lot of Ralph Lauren tailored clothing is produced with even fewer per size.

Really ? That is amazing, I always thought RL would make maybe 100 for a run or so. Actually, now that I think about when I did the visit the NY Mansion a while back they actually only had 1 or 2 in each size for RLPL Suits.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really ? That is amazing, I always thought RL would make maybe 100 for a run or so. Actually, now that I think about when I did the visit the NY Mansion a while back they actually only had 1 or 2 in each size for RLPL Suits.

Ralph has a book distributed to each store with all of the production runs in it for the season. I think there are about 12 common sizes for suits and very few stores other than Chicago and the Mansion get the full run. There were only 4 per size (24 total) of a particular pair of trousers I bought last year.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My C&J for peal captoe boots arrived on Friday. They are really comfortable and I like the leather.

I was just wondering whether I can wear them in the rain without causing damage. Can I wear them in the snow?
They have a storm welt and Dainite soles.

Thanks!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I presume Peal, but I'm not sure. I have the saddle shoes and those are definitely by Peal.

Peal doesn't make shoes any more, and hasn't for decades. It's a brand that BB owns, that's all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads