• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you go to Strip Clubs?

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
I have always found the idea of going to strip club just for a drink kind of creepy. Sure for a bachelor party or something like that it is fine, but for drinks after work? Creepy. Thoughts?
I've been to Brandi's with friends. It was like a lounge with naked women. Nothing wrong with that. Too expensive to do regularly imo. I would NOT go after work with co-workers. That was suggested last Friday at a firm party and was creepy.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I have always found the idea of going to strip club just for a drink kind of creepy. Sure for a bachelor party or something like that it is fine, but for drinks after work? Creepy.

Thoughts?

I went out with a girl who went for the buffet.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma

Did she enjoy the lunch box?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma

Some of them, in my home city, have great buffets. And going with a girl was always fun.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm also part of the minority. I like to go to strip clubs a few times a year. Going every week or even every month I can see how it gets old.

GloStiX

Reaction score
lol in Vegas it was a rite of passage when we all turned 18 to go to a strip club with sum buddies.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Yep. It's the first thing you see on the left hand side of the store. Personally, I never ate any of it, but a buddy of mine did. I shudder at the thought.

The picture doesn't show the store, it's on the right side of the street. ... Note the Subway, though.

300px-The_Block2.jpg

Here I was thinking the store was a ghetto ass corner store.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying I would do it as a habit, because I think it is a bit of a waste financially... but I hardly find it creepy to go to a bar with entertainment for a drink. Unless you have some type of moral issue with strip bars in general (i.e. you would not even go for a bachelor party), it's not all THAT different from going to a bar with a band. If you want to go... go. If not, don't. But don't worry about what other people think about your decision.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are different strip clubs, with different women, situations, and "feel".

Some are nasty and vile, with some women who WILL ******** for enough money.

Some are cute and quaint, found in smaller town/rural areas. They are cheap ($5-$10 per dance) and they girls love you if you pay them $20.. They'll sit and talk (if you want them to) for 30 minutes.

Some (New York City) are HUGE money sucking machines.

When I was in college, I went a few times and it was a fun way to see some naked, beautiful college girls. Now that I'm in NYC... I have no interest in going to Scores. Silicone doesn't appeal to me, and the money factory aspect is a put off.

I do know a girl who works at one of the other NYC strip clubs. I've never been there, but she tells me it's all older guys with money who really just want a good looking girl to talk with for awhile. That makes her sad for them.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Here I was thinking the store was a ghetto ass corner store.

Don't let the picture fool you. It is most certainly a nasty, hole-in-the-wall establishment. For some reason, the photograph makes the area seem much more photogenic.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I have always found the idea of going to strip club just for a drink kind of creepy. Sure for a bachelor party or something like that it is fine, but for drinks after work? Creepy.

Thoughts?

I've never been, but going with other guys has just seemed creepy. I'd go with my girlfriend/other girls though.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I've never been, but going with other guys has just seemed creepy. I'd go to a gay strip club with my *** hags though.
smile.gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery

Also, I haven't met many attractive strippers (and yes, I have met a lot of them, I live in Las Vegas).

It's my understanding that a lot of these chicks are from LA. They usually fly in for work on the weekends then fly back out.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
How's your sex life, Connemara?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads