• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What MANLY stuff did you do today?

daft

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I've been wearing the same pair of boxers for 17 days and counting and the skidmarks are starting to show through my denim.

very nice

Casey

Reaction score
I told a friend that her dress really flattered her breasts. Does that count for anything?

Okay, I lied. I said "Your breasts look nice today."

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I drove a forklift in freezing rain and wind from 8am to 11am this morning. I was wearing a cotton hoodie and a t-shirt/jeans/and worn out shoes that fill up with water. Then I drove for an hour in a flatbed truck rated to carry 26,000lbs - but I overloaded it by at least 8,000lbs. Then I had beef jerky for lunch. Then I went and loaded that approximately 34,000lbs of tile into different crates, customer's vehicles, and containers from about 2pm to 5pm. By hand. Then I drove home in my Dodge Stratus, in the same rain, listening to sports talk radio, speeding, and smoking cigarettes.

Oh, and I have been sick all week.

I haven't punched anyone, killed any beasts with my bare hands, played football, or had sex with hundreds of women today - but I plan on going out later, so maybe I'll have an update.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was my heavy leg day for lifting. I hit 385 for 3 reps on the deadlift, a new personal record, then followed that up with 3 sets of 8 reps for front squats, Romanian deadlifts, and lunges. I also did some ab work but not any of that sissy 400 crunches in a row bullshit; I did weighted hanging leg lifts and then heavy dumbbell side bends. It was quite a good workout so I'm quite confident I'll be able to successfully accomplish a 405 deadlift max next week.

I also began planning (making measurements and a rough sketch) a set of steps to replace the increasingly decreipt set I have in the rear of my house. Of course, I did all of this while drinking a New Glarus Oktoberfest ale then followed it up with a New Glarus Red Squirrel ale. Both were suitably nice beverages.

My day felt fairly manly overall.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just cried during a movie, everyone was looking, and I loved every last minute of it!

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just cried during a movie, everyone was looking, and I loved every last minute of it!

Fail!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
This morning was around 33, although by city ordinance, water officially freezes at 45 degrees.

Thing that I will always remember about Houston was my first day there. I moved from Boston in early January, and remember walking my dog in knee deep snow the morning we caught our plane. That afternoon, I was walking him next to the hotel in shorts and a polo shirt. I remembered thinking "now this is what January should be like..."

Interestingly, I miss snow and winter very much now, and may move back in the next year or two..

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just greeted you in a manly (and slightly douchebaggery) fashion.

Prince

Reaction score
Strong men also cry.... STRONG MEN ALSO CRY!

Hehehe, nice comeback.

Me, I bought a christmas tree today and brought it home safely.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another beer dump this morning.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I benched 280 (4x) without help then went home and jerked off in front of a mirror. Also have a booty call tonight. Well, it better end the way I'm planning or I'll be pissed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads