• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

Racove

Reaction score
I just picked out a pair by Salt. It's so hard to choose. I hope there will be on buyer's remorse.

icedmocha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geruvah
I don't like it when there's names attached to whatever I wear but I think these are permissible because the logo is tiny.

They are woman's glasses but all of the men's I've ever seen are always black.

do you have a pic of these on your face, that you will share?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
I decided to go with these in tortoise.
NEBB08-blk-b-1.jpg

I was going to suggest those for you when I first saw your post. You should post a pic when they arrive. I'm thinking of getting a pair myself, but I'm still nervous about virtual eye glass shopping. I enjoy that frame, but I'm not sure how it would look on my fatish round face.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
I was going to suggest those for you when I first saw your post. You should post a pic when they arrive. I'm thinking of getting a pair myself, but I'm still nervous about virtual eye glass shopping. I enjoy that frame, but I'm not sure how it would look on my fatish round face.

I would say to try them on in a store. First off, you dont know what it will look like if you buy online. Next, chances are youll get a better price on lenses if you get them in a store with the glasses...

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to buy them without lenses so that I can try them on and see how I like them and how they fit, that way I can return them if I want. If I decide to keep I'll go get some lenses put in them.

And bbaquiran, I like Clubmasters a lot and have considered getting them, but I only wear frames with silver metal. I can't stand goldtone, so I'd need to find some in tortoise/silver.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went to an optic place near me and tried on a few oliver people, I like one pair but still for $300 i didnt LOVE them. I sorta got discouraged because every style I tried on I felt that none looked good on me. Maybe I don't like shopping for glasses because it makes me feel god ugly.

minhi

Reaction score
if these are your first pair i would consider not burning a large amount until you know what you need in a pair. at the same time, if you have to wear glasses all day, spending $150 or spending $300 for frames, that $150 is well spent for a pair of comfortable frames that you'll be wearing 12+ hours a day.

i recently looked at the oliver peoples, not too bad, look well made, but their metals are a little expensive, almost mykita territory...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would be my second pair, my first is a pair of D&G that I have hated since I got home from lensecrafters. It would have been $500 to get those oliver with lenses (yikes!).

dave

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me that people here look at $300+ jeans and comment how it's such a deal but when it comes to eyeglasses it all goes to the cheap. It's nuts.

Sure, you don't have to spend $500 bucks for a good pair of glasses but the same can be said for $200 shirts and $300 jeans. And in the grand scheme of things which part of your body do people see most your head or your ass?

Spend the money on your eyes. You'll never outgrow them. The same cannot be said for your clothing. Besides, there's no easier way to **** up your style than with ****** glasses.

Atleee

Reaction score
The fit is nice, IMO. They had three sizes, so i just took my measuring tape and chose a size.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got no problem spending 5x the amount of my jeans on glasses (I wear a pair of NS everyday) but I gotta feel good in them. I did try and sweet talk them into stocking salt eyeglasses (they carry salt sunglasses) but they said they simply couldn't because they sell oliver.

If I was to buy one online it would be a toss up between these Mostcots and salts, My favorite is the grey yale. What I did find out today though is that I don't have a long face so deep glasses are too big on me and I look better in rectangular frames. Anyone know how eye brows factor into choosing your frames? I have very thick and jet black eye brows despite my hair being a light color.

Moscot Hesh
hesh-tortoise-1.jpg

Moscot Yale
yale-45-grey.jpg

Salt Carter
carter2_opt.jpg

Originally Posted by dave
It never ceases to amaze me that people here look at $300+ jeans and comment how it's such a deal but when it comes to eyeglasses it all goes to the cheap. It's nuts.

Sure, you don't have to spend $500 bucks for a good pair of glasses but the same can be said for $200 shirts and $300 jeans. And in the grand scheme of things which part of your body do people see most your head or your ass?

Spend the money on your eyes. You'll never outgrow them. The same cannot be said for your clothing. Besides, there's no easier way to **** up your style than with ****** glasses.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minhi
if these are your first pair i would consider not burning a large amount until you know what you need in a pair. at the same time, if you have to wear glasses all day, spending $150 or spending $300 for frames, that $150 is well spent for a pair of comfortable frames that you'll be wearing 12+ hours a day.

i recently looked at the oliver peoples, not too bad, look well made, but their metals are a little expensive, almost mykita territory...

In my opinion, Glasses are a part of your wardrobe. You cant be limited by only having 1 pair. I myself have 5 pairs with different styles and colors. I change them up depending on what I wear and where I am going. Having only 1 pair is kinda boring. You dont have to spend a lot of money to get something that looks nice. Look around and try them on...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone tried on the Moscot Yale? If so how tall is the top-to-bottom depth?

chrispy179

Reaction score
Im looking to get some new frames soon. I want something that would look good with shorter hair. Thinking about something like these
00AE8052.JPG
What do you think would be good?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads