• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you go to Strip Clubs?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of strip clubs, but I've been, at the very least, 100 times. The city I lived in, was known for its "ballet," and it was hard to avoid going to them for many reasons. Either you knew someone that worked there, so you'd get free booze and food, or a business contact wanted to go, or someone tied in wanted to pay for the whole thing, so why the hell not?

I have a close friend, about 15 years older than me, and one of his frat brothers was a big time stockbroker. Whenever he got in a fight with his wife, or really cleaned up in a quarter, he'd rent a limo and we'd party. One of his biggest customers owned a huge strip joint, with great food, and a very elite VIP room. He'd treat us the entire night in the VIP room. He also told me most of the strippers and waitresses were good clients, as they made big money in cash, and many invested heavily with him! Gotta love it.

But I would never instigate going to one, nor would I ever plan to spend much money at one on the girls. Why pay to look at something, you can usually find someone else will let you play with for free? haven't been in over 10 years also.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
I think at that time, we figured the sleazier the better. Also, where else could you find what we called "The Ultimate Store." There you could buy pipes, bongs, knives, brass knucks, scales, crack pipes, blow up dolls, Appreciation, fried chicken, alcohol, lotto tickets, and they even had some arcade games in the back. Our teenage minds were blown.
WTF!?!?
eek.gif

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
WTF!?!?
eek.gif

Yep. It's the first thing you see on the left hand side of the store. Personally, I never ate any of it, but a buddy of mine did. I shudder at the thought. The picture doesn't show the store, it's on the right side of the street. ... Note the Subway, though.
300px-The_Block2.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Never been. Don't plan on going anytime. I'm not really against it though, just don't feel the need.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Guess I'm in the minority, I love strip clubs!

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never gone to a strip club and would never go to one (I'm disgusting at the mere thought), but I recognize their extreme importance in society; without strip clubs, Appreciation, alcohol, marijuana and xboxes, the poor might actually become angry instead of muffled.

So, I think strip clubs are great.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
I have never gone to a strip club and would never go to one (I'm disgusting at the mere thought), but I recognize their extreme importance in society; without strip clubs, Appreciation, alcohol, marijuana and xboxes, the poor might actually become angry instead of muffled.

So, I think strip clubs are great.

Don't kid yourself - the rich have just as many vices as the poor.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
WTF!?!?
eek.gif

He's not joking - the block is pretty insane and I think I know the store(s) he's talking about. Strippers/hookers out on the street trying to recruit guys (the block is right next to the college party district called PowerPlant Live) and the best part is it's 2 blocks from Baltimore Police's Central Booking!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
When I was in high school, there was a strip club on "the block" in Baltimore where my friends and I would go occasionally. They would never check id's, and it was a $10 entry fee with two coupons for beers. It was a black club, with the occasional white girl, so we were a little out of our element. Actually, it added to the excitement. We had some seriously crazy nights there, and it was highly entertaining. Overall, it was awesome for 17 year olds. Now... it just seems pathetic and a little creepy. I wouldn't mind going as part of a bachelor party, or as a once-a-year guys night out, but to be so casual as to go for a drink? No way, I'm not that desperate for *******.
holy **** I was going to post something similar where did you go to hs?? THE BLOCK REPRESENT

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Don't kid yourself - the rich have just as many vices as the poor.

Yep. There are shackles for every class. Luxury goods and bespoke suits are what keeps the professional class in check.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the urge or urging to go to one about every ten years. It's never been a very cool experience for me. I'd rather flirt with a hottie at a party or bar.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been maybe 6 times. Not a big fan and they were never by "choice" in that I went with friends but it wouldn't have been the first on my list for somewhere I'd want to go.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Never been. Don't plan on going anytime. I'm not really against it though, just not attracted to women.

ftfy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads