• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Elusive Tiger Onitsuka shoes

Thomasnast

Reaction score
g0_asics_mexico_66_blackivory.jpg

Asics Tiger Onitsuka Mexico 66 - Black with White Stripes

I cannot find the above shoe anywhere. It seems to be an extremely rare color combination.
I've only been able to find it on two sites in European countries, one of which replied to say it will not ship to the U.S, the other only had small sizes.

Does anyone know a specific website where I can buy these? Thanks.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow, they're really all that elusive? I just bought a black pair with light blue stripes this past August from Zappos. Other than the stripe color, they're the same.

Thomasnast

Reaction score
snuff_daddy, yes, I've come across that site. They're only available in 4.5, 5, and 7.5.

Robert, I've searched for hours and haven't even been able to find a site in English that sells them.

BrianVarick, I probably should have added this in my original post: If anyone can provide me with a specific website and url that sells them, I would be very grateful.

"Check out ebay" or "google it" are not really helpful answers at all.
Incidentally, on ebay, there are shoes exactly like this for $48...the seller lives in China.
But I'm not looking for fakes.

g.re

Reaction score
elusive? meh, about every sneaker shop here in italy has them. i can proxy a pair for you, if you want. but with euro/usd exchange and shipping costs you'll spend a bit. EDIT: they seem to ship everywhere. i just don't understand if they sell the laces ones or what. contact them.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomasnast
snuff_daddy, yes, I've come across that site. They're only available in 4.5, 5, and 7.5.

i would give them a call

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Could you make do with the light-blue stripe?

Surfrider

Reaction score
I sympathize. I've been lusting after a pair of white-on-navy suede Mexico 66s for some time now, but the only place I've found them in stock is a shop in Poland, and they won't respond when I ask if they'll ship to the US. I wish I spoke Polish... :p

Thomasnast

Reaction score
Now I'm wondering if maybe the black with white stripes are fakes, and Asics has never produced that color scheme. It's kind of strange that I can only find them on ebay from a seller based in China, or in Europe.
Anyone know if this is an official color scheme?
How lucrative would it be for people to fake these shoes?

Pangolin

Reaction score
How did you hear about them in the first place?
I don't think they're fake, I feel that I saw them in France last summer.

Thomasnast

Reaction score
I had the idea in my mind before I ever saw it.
I've seen Tigers, and I thought "Hey, I wonder if they make them black with white stripes."

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomasnast
Now I'm wondering if maybe the black with white stripes are fakes, and Asics has never produced that color scheme. It's kind of strange that I can only find them on ebay from a seller based in China, or in Europe.
Anyone know if this is an official color scheme?
How lucrative would it be for people to fake these shoes?

I don't think they're fake. Asics releases a bunch of new colorways for their core Onitsuka models (Mexico 66, Ultimate 81 etc.) every season. The white-on-black is probably from past seasons and has been discontinued.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are set on an ugly but popular black sneaker, just get Sambas.
l_adidas_samba_blackwhite.jpg

nudielover

Reaction score
Heaps of them here in Au, they're like 180 AUD, which is ****, but with the AUD exchange rate, you might want to consider a proxy. Shoot me a PM if you want ;-)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads