• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Myers-Briggs Personality Test- Load of Crock?

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me this online personality test based off of the Myers-Brigg test (it may be the actual test, but I doubt it because it was free). I took it and was categorized as an INTJ. While I was reading the portrait of what an INTJ was, I was pretty impressed because a lot of what the article(s) said was actually true about me. However, the more I read and the more I thought about the test and the general classification of individuals, I got a little
confused.gif
and then
plain.gif
and finally
mad.gif

I began to wonder that now that I know what my specific dispositions are, if I am going to try and conform to them or whether I will go out of my way to try and change certain aspects. I consider myself, above all else, to be a sincere person when it comes to whatever it is that I say and do, but this new found self-awareness (and perhaps falsely so) may make me second guess that, and thus I lose a big part of who I am.

And then when I was thinking about the test, which are a bunch of yes/no answers, I began to actually wonder if I was answering them truthfully or if I had subconsciously tried to answer a certain way to get a result that I would be more happy with (the test took me less than 5 mins). Basicially, what I am trying to say is that this test fucked up my day and probably ruined my week. I tend to get a little obsessive about things, so I may have to take the real test and read up on all this Carl Jung BS. a;slkdgja;lseiga[0wer9g]w3-49g@!)(T#o;i

Anyway, have any of you taken this test? If so, what are you?

Test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unofficial versions are low in reliability. Even the official version is not highly reliable. Nevertheless, that kind of information can be useful in, say, a consultation
smile.gif

There was a thread about it.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=14663

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
Unofficial versions are low in reliability. Even the official version is not highly reliable. Nevertheless, that kind of information can be useful in, say, a consultation
smile.gif

There was a thread about it.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=14663

Wow there were/are a lot of INTJs here...

lgreen

Reaction score
hello all,
I did take the Myers-Briggs one many years ago and I was INTJ as well----so add another one to the count.

I did not think it was so accurate, but maybe I have changed since then----hope so. I have tried to learn to be more out going, never easy though.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am pure INFP. As far as any reductionist sort of test can be, this one is rather accurate I believe.

shuuy

Reaction score
At my former employer, we spent 2 days on Myers Briggs... The first day learning about ourselves, and the second day learning about understanding all the types, and how to work with people of a certain type.

Personally, I'm an ENFJ

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an INTJ. As any INTJ would tell you, we wouldn't believe in the test without a good, supported reason to believe in the test. Therefore.....

But of course we only know we're an INTJ because of the test...that makes us believe in the test....

~ H

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there something about SF that it collects INTJ's? IIRC they're about 2% of the population.
bigstar[1].gif

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
INTJ. I did a different abbreviated version of this test years ago & got the same result.

mastermind sounds about right
cool.gif

are all the other personality descriptions equally flattering?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
ENFP here... I've done the test multiple times and it always comes up the same.

I think the DISC test is more interesting, but that's probably because I've only done it a few times.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ENTJ

I've worked hard to become more extraverted the last couple of years so I don't know if I'm just an INTJ wanting to be an ENTJ or if I've actually made a transition.

Edit: After reading the personality descriptions, I'm without a doubt and INTJ. I'm just way more social than I used to be.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe in this test, if I believe in any tests.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am solid NTJ but flip-flop between I and E just about every time I take the test (and I have done so many times over the years), and the I and E scores are always very weak.

I look at this test as a way of identifying your preferred mode, or the one to which you are most likely to revert under stress.

Of course I am shocked, shocked I say, that an interwebz message board features so many introverts ...
rolleyes.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads