• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Cliff notes please . . . who won and why?
It was over before it even started. The manbearpig demanded it be a poll though, and I was going to demand that it be made a public one.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
General chat is being assaulted by ZoomWeree...

+1. Not this **** again
confused.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can somebody get rid of the "Gilt Group Issue" thread? I've never purchased from Gilt and have nothing at stake in their site, but the thread has turned into a whining little bitching and moaning fest with some random Monday Morning Quarterbacks coming in just to stir the ****.

The OP knows he can contact the Gilt Group member on the board via PM, as said member has offered and pointed the way. A continued *****-fest on the thread is just going to make Gilt regret that they have a presence here and make the entire site look like a bunch of cheap whiners who want to ***** and moan when we don't get our way (at 90% off!).

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Can somebody get rid of the "Gilt Group Issue" thread? I've never purchased from Gilt and have nothing at stake in their site, but the thread has turned into a whining little bitching and moaning fest with some random Monday Morning Quarterbacks coming in just to stir the ****.

The OP knows he can contact the Gilt Group member on the board via PM, as said member has offered and pointed the way. A continued *****-fest on the thread is just going to make Gilt regret that they have a presence here.

Why is whining a crime? It isn't offensive and you don't have to read the thread if you don't want.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is whining a crime? It isn't offensive and you don't have to read the thread if you don't want.

Cruiser?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wasn't talking in particular about your discussion of MSRP, Dopey. BUT, as to the other, it IS offensive when most people think that the OP is making a big issue of something just to get his way against a clearly established returns policy. Further, when most everybody on the forum has had good experiences with the site and wants to continue fostering a good relationship between the two, letting a few drama queens with suspicious intentions keep on with the bitching and moaning just makes us all look bad by association. No, you don't have to read the bitching/moaning... but when I click over to buy on Gilt and their prices are 20% higher or they don't work as an SF affiliate anymore because they think members here are a bunch of douchebags... well... that's an issue.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Gilt group addressed the complaint and explained the disparity (it was a mark down from the original MSRP on the part of the retailer) and the OP refuses to accept the simple explanation.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It IS offensive when most people think that the OP is making a big issue of something just to get his way against a clearly established returns policy.

Further, when most everybody on the forum has had good experiences with the site and wants to continue fostering a good relationship between the two, letting a few drama queens with suspicious intentions keep on with the bitching and moaning just makes us all look bad by association.

No, you don't have to read the bitching/moaning... but when I click over to buy on Gilt and their prices are 20% higher or they don't work as an SF affiliate anymore because they think members here are a bunch of douchebags... well... that's an issue.

So it's all about you.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So it's all about you.
Yes. Show me an altruist and I'll show you a liar.
wink.gif
Edit: I think you're the CHIEF ****-stirrer here, Dopey!
lol8[1].gif
That doesn't mean I don't love you, though...

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Show me an altruist and I'll show you a liar.
wink.gif

Edit: I think you're the CHIEF ****-stirrer here, Dopey!
lol8[1].gif
That doesn't mean I don't love you, though...

I thought you wrote "CHEF" and thought, what's cooking?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Can you plz ban anyone who picks on me? Thx. Namely, this includes SField, Connemara, Rach, and sometimes Why. TIA.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Can you plz ban anyone who picks on me? Thx.

Then there will be no forum left.

God you're just like all of those people in the fat people thread in CEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads