• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doc Marten Boots In Style Anymore?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just read every post within this thread...
I have about five or six pairs from about fifteen years ago when i used to buy two pairs at once so i could wear two different colored shoes at once.
What the **** i was thinking i have no idea...

Spirit of 69

Reaction score
I can't be arsed to read thorugh 8 pages only to say, "Yes docs are still stylish, they will never stop being stylish,because classics are beyond fads and fashion"

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
DM style oxblood monkey boots made by Solovair (the original company licensed to make Docs)

oxbloodql3.jpg

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was never much into monkey boots, but those look good. That's a really nice oxblood colour.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
me neither til these came out. And Solovair's oxblood is superior to Doc Marten's in color

I like how they smoothed out the sole ridges that are normally on DM air wair soles

amnesiac

Reaction score
i was set on either another pair of 1460s in black or the james in the exel leather... but this makes me reconsider everything. I love the depth of that oxblood, even if i still don't like monkey boots. The color is
drool.gif
How's the sizing on those solovairs?

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Those solovairs look sharp. Are they all still made in England, or just the more expensive ones.

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
Those solovairs look sharp. Are they all still made in England, or just the more expensive ones.

solovair oxblood jtg

they're made in england. It seems jump the gun has these made for them at the original solovair factory. i'm still obsessed with that color. i need to get a pair.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ yep Solovair's factory is in Northampton. they're probably neighbors with Edward Green, but these look so much better heh

Charlatan

Reaction score
Just got my boots and they look great.

Thanks for the sizing help, Get Smart.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^yea, they´re are real trendy, up and coming brand.

Rooby

Reaction score
I don't think they've ever been *out* of fashion have they? They fall out of favour sometimes but those of us that have always worn them know how dependable they are. I'm getting a bit old to wear the boots now but the Dr Martens shoes are still the mainstay of my wardrobe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads