• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dumb things we see in the gym...

mikej77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^i'll bet we know each other.

Well, it has been about 4 years since I have lived up there and worked out at Synergy. However, I did love the time when a guy walked in off the street and tried smoking his crack pipe in the men's locker room.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^haha. i've been going there since january 05 so we probably missed each other.

mikej77

Reaction score
^haha. i've been going there since january 05 so we probably missed each other.

I guess so but you probably still get good laughs at some of the people in there. Are all of the little Gotti clones still working out?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh yeah, and the head trainer chris started his own storefront place. still lots of guidettes in full hair and makeup in the gym.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my gym is full of ex KGB crazy soviet types with weird tattoos all over their body. i try not to make eye contact.

mikej77

Reaction score
oh yeah, and the head trainer chris started his own storefront place. still lots of guidettes in full hair and makeup in the gym.

Long Island still has some great Italian food though. I can't find anything good down in DC.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
vito's on nhp road is not fancy but is excellent.

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
my gym is full of ex KGB crazy soviet types with weird tattoos all over their body. i try not to make eye contact.

Probably ex-cons, if that makes you sleep better at night.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
i try not to make eye contact.
[west24]that's what they said about yer mom[/west24].

TowleY

Reaction score
When I used to belong to L.A. Fitness we had this guy who would go on the stair climber and dance on it while climbing the stairs. Literally was break dancing we all thought he would fall over.

While playing racketball my brother ran into the wall and broke his arm

And the classic:
This guy was doing squats and ripped his pants right down the butt crack line

My friend during Junior year of highschool was benching his max and actually **** his pants

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a guy doing barbell squats on top of a swiss ball.

Was in undergrad and he was apparently some Swedish powerlifter. I was both horrified and amazed.

A lot of standard stuff that has already been mentioned in this thread as well e.g. guys that spend all day doing curls (in the effing squat rack).

My favorite gym moment of all time though has to be when I was jumping rope and this girl walks through the door, sees me doing it and then proceeds to walk right behind me. Of course, the rope hits her and then she bitches at me and tells me to watch what I'm doing. I was so stunned I couldn't even think to tell her to eff off.

Mauby

Reaction score
we have a guy who break dances in the designated abs/core room. and he ******* sucks at it.
I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone could see me.

Originally Posted by fredfred
2) Girl in Brazil on Stairmaster. Wearing very, very thin white see-through tights, and a black thong leotard over it. She also had a hat with a flower on (which she removed) and a straw purse with flowers on it, which she set on a the timer/rack. She looked great...
This does NOT qualify for "dumb things we see in the gym..."

a_nun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I saw a guy doing barbell squats on top of a swiss ball.

Holy **** that seems nearly impossible.

RabbitChannel

Reaction score
There are these two guys, one from Azerbajan and another from... a similar place, I don't really know. haha. They're both really buff but the first guy has a little girl's voice and the second has a tiny head. Every 5 minutes the second guy will stop and flex about 50 times in the mirror while poking his muscles. The funniest part, though, is when they talk really loudly and start hugging each other while giggling. HAHAHA!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads