• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dumb things we see in the gym...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i have nothing against Indians, but there was this one time when i used a lat pulldown machine right after a young Indian guy used it.

he had a very strong, powerful cologne? or some scent coming off of him and the chair and the cushion that goes against your chest was covered with his stink.

afterwards, i noticed i smelled that all the time on me.

i washed the tshirt several times already thus far and to this day, i still have that stinkin scent on my tshirt that i used that day when i did the lat pulldown after him.

geesh.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i have nothing against Indians, but there was this one time when i used a lat pulldown machine right after a young Indian guy used it.

he had a very strong, powerful cologne? or some scent coming off of him and the chair and the cushion that goes against your chest was covered with his stink.

afterwards, i noticed i smelled that all the time on me.

i washed the tshirt several times already thus far and to this day, i still have that stinkin scent on my tshirt that i used that day when i did the lat pulldown after him.

geesh.

Yeah I had the same experience after being second on lap dance after an indian guy. I smelled all night.

a_nun

Reaction score
patchouli?

at least you didn't accept the offer for 'extras' from the dancer...

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I was always a big fan of Mr. Curls with his calves and lower back, and 'the curling crew', the bunch of guys who work together, and come to the gym together so they can stand in a circle, talking, while curling 30 lbs for 10 minutes. And how can I forget my favorite guy, Bandana Man. Bandana Man always wore a bandana over his eyes and forehead, maybe it was for street cred, maybe it was to cover his receding hairline, maybe it was the source of his power- but he always had to talk with his chin up in the air so he could see the ground in front of him. He used chains on his squats, but they didn't even touch the ground at the bottom. He thought he was super bulk, but given that he worked out every day for likely years, he still didn't really know how to lift and stayed the same size. He also grunted and screamed doing EVERY LIFT. Whenever he was in the gym with my clients and I, I'd have them make fun of him by screaming in a super high pitch when doing something ridiculous.
laugh.gif
Good times.

daft

Reaction score
i got a few good laughs out of this thread. keep em coming guys!

aleeboy

Reaction score
was in the gym doing some isolated work on my arms, hey...I'm recovering from a back injury, and I see this skinny dude grunting as he pushes out reps of tricep kickbacks with about 5kg. He is a serial grunter I believe.

I'm always a big fan of those guys who think they're the bomb and the hot ****. When you do a lift that far exceeds what they can do, they just look at you like you're a freak.

I'm based in Korea, so a must in all gyms are these funny massage equipments. You will see lot's of uncles and aunties put the strap around their stomachs, legs, back and penises and stand there for ages.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleeboy
I'm based in Korea, so a must in all gyms are these funny massage equipments. You will see lot's of uncles and aunties put the strap around their stomachs, legs, back and penises and stand there for ages.

i feel you. i always see these ahjumas strapping themselves into these machines and watching their ******* shaking and flapping all over the place.

another thing that bothers me is seeing guys run around the gym barefooted. **** drives me crazy.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i hate unsolicited advice from guys who look like a before shot of me.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i hate unsolicited advice from guys who look like a before shot of me.

I was going through this thread thinking that none of this stuff bothered me especially. But this, this bugs the **** out of me. Although it almost never happens thank god.

I guess I go to a pretty normal gym, or at least I don't notice all of this stuff. I go to my college gym and the trainers are cool and the people at gym are a pretty normal bunch. One would think I could complain about the frat guys, but they are all ok and tend to have respect for the equipment, others time etc..

I also personally don't have a problem with grunting, at least on final reps or things. When rowing and I'm trying to push myself grunting out pulls is going to happen. I'm not alone in that. At times athletic teams take a part of the gym known as 'the pit' and the sounds that come from there are intense sometimes and I have no problem with it.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ i break my own rule by occasionally offering unsolicited advice, but only when it's a youngish person/hs kid/clueless woman who's form is so bad, they're in danger of getting hurt.

Seanallen

Reaction score
Guy at the gym I goto who wears a XBOX Live shirt and a Halo3 hat , does handstand pushups while reading a book, he seriously just comes in every tuesday night and does that for awhile and then jogs around the track.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we have a guy who break dances in the designated abs/core room. and he ******* sucks at it.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This stuff makes me glad I have my own place to work out at.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I have too many stories to list, but another favourite character was this little indian kid (well he was in his 20's) who would practice his "dance" moves in front of the mirrors, and occasionally bust out a high side kick here and there out of the blue. I wanted to punch him badly, I wish I had before I quit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads