• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Messenger or Tote for Work and Casual

8bpc

Reaction score
I'm looking for some suggestions for a good messenger bag or tote that I could use for both work and around town. Price range $100 (or less) to around $300.

I've been looking at Porter Roam and New Gripper styles.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Have you checked out Jack Spade?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gilt is having a lambertson truex sale on wednesday. i bought a messenger from them during their last sale and it is impeccable.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something similar.. I've been looking at Jack Spade, Filson, Krane, etc.. but I can't make up my mind to what I want. Need to see things in person.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what SF member unlucky can make ... he's got a messenger bag going for SF member MonkeyFresh. Thread here in B/S. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8bpc
I'm looking for some suggestions for a good messenger bag or tote that I could use for both work and around town. Price range $100 (or less) to around $300.

I've been looking at Porter Roam and New Gripper styles.

Check out Diesel. Their bags really are good quality and u get alot of bang for the buck. overpriced bags r not my thing, save that for women.

Francis91

Reaction score
Jack Spade. I got my bag for about 100 last time Gilt Groupe had a sale.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using a jack spade for a while, it is aging nicely. They are supposedly 30% off right now @ jackspade.com

8bpc

Reaction score
I did look at the jackspade WAXWEAR INDUSTRIAL FIELD BAG... just not sure about it. Doesn't help that the web site only gives you one terrible view of the bag. The filson looks nice, but a bit large. The Krane Saelen laptop brief looks nice also, but I don't like the shoulder strap. Thanks for the suggestions... keep the them coming
worship.gif

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8bpc
I did look at the jackspade WAXWEAR INDUSTRIAL FIELD BAG... just not sure about it. Doesn't help that the web site only gives you one terrible view of the bag. The filson looks nice, but a bit large. The Krane Saelen laptop brief looks nice also, but I don't like the shoulder strap.

Thanks for the suggestions... keep the them coming
worship.gif

I would definitely suggest the Krane Saelen (in black) if you want a bag classy enough for work. I took the shoulder strap off the day I got it and haven't missed it a bit. It looks great and has held up very well.

That said, if Filson stuff came in black I'd probably spend a whole month's paycheck on new luggage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads