• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Designing a new suit - what details are you looking for?

BigHandMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
Earlier I had promised to have them at under $500 - I will do this but only for the initial promotion as costs went up considerably. We will retail them for $599 and up to $759.99 (Super 150's 3-piece). Please keep in mind this suit is truly exclusive - this is not a mass-made garment that we simply slapped our own label on - this suit was made specific to our specifications, details and features. This was an extremely small production (less than 300 suits total) and only no more than 40 were made in any particular fabric (other than the solids which will be offered as suit separates). You will not find this same suit anywhere else.

Ben - looking great. Will people on your email list receive a message when online sales are up and running?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigHandMan
Ben - looking great. Will people on your email list receive a message when online sales are up and running?

Yes, most definitely. We're hoping within the next few days - POSSIBLY as soon as tomorrow (Friday)!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well gents, the suits are available. Not all have been received yet - we should receive 2 more colors in the slimmer Gucci/Jil Sander fit (our "Lucente" model) in the next 10 days or so. We also have not yet received all the suit separates, including pleated trousers and vests. The charcoal suit separates (jacket and pants only) ARE up on the site though. Thank you once again to all on this forum who have provided insight, constructive criticism and encouragement! You can see from the message we sent to our customers below - as promised our suits can be had for just about $500.00 with this special limited time promotion. We have sizes 36R - 48R, 38S - 42S, and 40L - 48L. Below I've copied and pasted the email sent to those on our mailing list: Dear Customer, On behalf of eHaberdasher.com and benjaminclothing.com, I would personally like to wish you a safe and happy holiday season! Although this past year has been challenging for many of us, we would like to thank you for being a valued customer. We optimistically look forward to 2009 and the growth and opportunities that lie ahead, and will continue to offer the highest quality clothing at excellent values. I am extremely excited to introduce this new line of luxury tailored clothing! Earlier this year we surveyed you, the customer, about what you were looking for in your perfect suit. From this, the BENJAMIN SARTORIAL COLLECTION was born. This new line of clothing represents an extremely high quality, wonderfully tailored garment at an incredible value. Although we are in talks with retailers interested in carrying our line, this clothing is currently only available at eHaberdasher.com! For a limited time, TAKE $100 OFF each Benjamin Sartorial Collection suit - with NO RISK! With this promotion we are also offering FREE RETURN SHIPPING for U.S. orders! Enter Code: BENDEBUT in the promotion code box at checkout to activate!** The BENJAMIN SARTORIAL COLLECTION is truly an exclusive line of tailored clothing. This is not a private label sewn on a mass-produced garment, but rather these are a very limited number of suits produced in small quantities and created with our own unique specifications and details. You will not find the same suit anywhere else with a different label. Garment Fit: Above all, we assert that fit is of chief importance, and have designed our suits to have, what we believe to be, an extremely flattering fit. The style is more European; featuring a higher arm hole and a more tailored, fitted silhouette; similar to Neopolitan tailoring houses like Isaia, Kiton and Attolini. Jacket Features: * Full canvas construction * Basted sleeves to allow for functional sleeve buttons * Demi-luna pocket reinforcement stitching * 5 Inner jacket pockets, including oversized chest pockets to accomodate a checkbook wallet * Boutonnière loop under left lapel * Side vents & subtle pic-stitching throughout * Corozo buttons * Fabrics of Super 120's to Super 150's Trouser Features: * Triple button tab front closure * Inner curtained waist band construction * Rubber grips on inner waistband * Split V-back waist * Belt keeper loop * Separate suspender buttons * Coin pocket separator inside right front pocket * Lined to knee We also will offer suit separates in select fabrics as well as an optional vest. For more information about the BENJAMIN SARTORIAL COLLECTION , please visit: www.benjaminclothing.com Thank you once again, and we look forward to being of continued service! Yours Truly, Benjamin Eng [email protected] **Offer expires 11:59 pm EST, December 25, 2008. Free return shipping for U.S. orders only.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ben, I'm going to be a guinea pig. Ordering now. You'll hear from me.

EDIT: Done.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Ben, I'm going to be a guinea pig. Ordering now. You'll hear from me.

EDIT: Done.

Great! Thanks for your order and please do let me know... I'm sure the rest of the forum is curious to read your review after your receipt of the suit - don't hold back, but please be gentle!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
Great! Thanks for your order and please do let me know... I'm sure the rest of the forum is curious to read your review after your receipt of the suit - don't hold back, but please be gentle!

I'll definitely report my findings. So, was I first?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I'll definitely report my findings. So, was I first?

You got the bronze medal...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by penguin vic
The site, suits and price look sensational.

Thank you.

esque

Reaction score
Is there any way of finding out the Lucente cut colors. I was hoping to know before I made the decision to place an order.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So tempting...

Wish you could give me a further "student discount".
laugh.gif

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by esque
Is there any way of finding out the Lucente cut colors. I was hoping to know before I made the decision to place an order.

PM sent - I'll get back to you on this asap.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben,

I'm getting ready to order and have a quick question. I'm planning on getting the charcoal separates in 36R. A Ralph Lauren Black Label 36 fits me just about right through the torso. Would you say your 36R is a good fit for me? Thanks. Also, the slimmer model that's coming, how is the fit on that?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
Ben,

I'm getting ready to order and have a quick question. I'm planning on getting the charcoal separates in 36R. A Ralph Lauren Black Label 36 fits me just about right through the torso. Would you say your 36R is a good fit for me? Thanks. Also, the slimmer model that's coming, how is the fit on that?

I must admit I've never actually tried on a RLBL suit - but I've seen and touched them and they look like they have a nice, slim cut. I have a feeling the Lucente may be more to your liking, but that model will not come in suit separates. Put it this way: I wear a 40R in both Maestro and Lucente; the Lucente fits me very well off the rack, requiring a nip at the waist, whereas for the Maestro I have to have the sides taken in a bit more. For the pants, the Maestro fits me perfection - only the hem, but the Lucente pants are a little snug and need to be let out because I have abnormally wide hips.

I hope that helps...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
So tempting...

Wish you could give me a further "student discount".
laugh.gif

Hopefully you're close to graduating and becoming gainfully employed!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads