• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going childless in the U.S.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pio, I'm still waiting on your response. This isn't over yet! Muahahaha

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Pio, I'm still waiting on your response. This isn't over yet! Muahahaha

Sorry. This thread grew boring and I tuned it out some time ago.

Yes, IMO, any person of breeding age that is on welfare, should be forced to take contraceptives, until such time as they can support themselves and their family without direct transfer payments, i.e. WIC, SCHIP, EITC. This is the sort of thing that gets me deemed a "hard right winger" though. I just look on it as common sense and an expression of the mutual responsibility the indivudal has to the society lending them a helping hand.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Sorry. This thread grew boring and I tuned it out some time ago. Yes, IMO, any person of breeding age that is on welfare, should be forced to take contraceptives, until such time as they can support themselves and their family without direct transfer payments, i.e. WIC, SCHIP, EITC. This is the sort of thing that gets me deemed a "hard right winger" though. I just look on it as common sense and an expression of the mutual responsibility the indivudal has to the society lending them a helping hand.
I like this idea. Fewer pregnancies FTW!

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, IMO, any person of breeding age that is on welfare, should be forced to take contraceptives, until such time as they can support themselves and their family without direct transfer payments, i.e. WIC, SCHIP, EITC. This is the sort of thing that gets me deemed a "hard right winger" though. I just look on it as common sense and an expression of the mutual responsibility the indivudal has to the society lending them a helping hand.

I like the idea I just don't see it ever actually working, like many of your propositions. You are too much in the minority.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I like the idea I just don't see it ever actually working, like many of your propositions. You are too much in the minority.

I agree. There's only one of me, and there are literally millions of people with an IQ under the norm
smile.gif

The thing is, they're breeding like rats!

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds good, P.O.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. There's only one of me, and there are literally millions of people with an IQ under the norm
smile.gif

How about free contraceptives introduced in high school to students. Not forced, but I bet lots of kids would take up the offer.

I'm guessing you'd need to go somewhere to apply for welfare, SCHIP, unemployment, etc... so they could be introduced there as well. Free vouchers for the visit and the script.

Too left-wing?

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

haha, touche...maybe multiplying like bunnies is a better term.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
How about free contraceptives introduced in high school to students. Not forced, but I bet lots of kids would take up the offer.

I'm guessing you'd need to go somewhere to apply for welfare, SCHIP, unemployment, etc... so they could be introduced there as well. Free vouchers for the visit and the script.

Too left-wing?

Oh my god the uprisings this would cause. As far as everyone is concerned people of this age don't know what sex is.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my god the uprisings this would cause. As far as everyone is concerned people of this age don't know what sex is.

I know right, like the kids are so marsupialed.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah

Too left-wing?

Pretty sure rubbers are handed out like candy on Halloween already. And as far as "introducing" them at the various hand out offices? They should be mandatory before you get your first payment, and payments should stop if you become pregnant or father a baby. If you do that, you're obviously too stupid for society to continue to invest in you.

But again, I'm a radical right winger, thinking people should demonstrate their responsibility to the society helping them. Even crazier...the thought there should be consequences.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^my boys are behaving so badly in advance of christmas i may wind up among the childless.

KBW

Reaction score
My fiancee wants FOUR. I want one if that

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fear not, she will change her tune once one leaves her ******. my closest friend married his wife woth the understanding that she wanted 4 to 5. they have a boy and a girl and they are done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads