• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does having "firsts" matter in a relationship?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
These days my girlfriend and I are constantly arguing because she's obsessed with my ex-girlfriend's (especially the last) and I having been the first at everything. Asking all the time "have you been here before? with who?" and then getting mad at the answers that she makes me tell her. She's mad because she thinks that she's not special at all, since to her that means I treat her exactly the same as my ex girlfriends since we haven't done anything new together. Bottom line is that I think going to some park or restaurant for the first time, or avoiding another place because you went with someone else before, is pointless and ridiculous. Thoughts?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wouldn't matter to me; I always call lasties.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She's a chick---what did you expect, cold rationalism?

You could try a new restaurant or take a trip together somewhere you've never been. You're not going to talk her out of this point of view, so you might as well just roll with it.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will going to a new restaurant kill you?

I know we're creatures of habit, but really, just go to some new places with her. Rather than wasiting your time thinking about how silly she's being, just do it and make her happy.

Yes, she's being irrational, welcome to women. Now take her somewhere new so that she feels she has memories exclusive to her current relationship.

Everyone wants to be a unique snowflake. Let them think they are.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better get a "next".
devil.gif

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to be first in da buttocks.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
I like to be first in da buttocks.
If you mean Eason's buttocks, too late, SoCal has already been there.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
She's a chick---what did you expect, cold rationalism? You could try a new restaurant or take a trip together somewhere you've never been. You're not going to talk her out of this point of view, so you might as well just roll with it.
+1. ... and why are you talking about your ex with her in the first place? Move the naughty pictures/videos of her to an external HD, don't discuss her even under penalty of death and lie!!! You can pretend you didn't go some place with your ex, say you went with friends. Replace "ex" with "a friend" in all your good stories that don't involve sex. It's the equivalent of telling her she looks gorgeous when she's wearing an ugly dress. ... and start looking for a new girl. This relationship is doomed.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Joe.

Start working on a new one. This one is broken and you can't fix it.

Tell the current one that hate sex is the only way for you to stop thinking of your ex.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
She's a chick---what did you expect, cold rationalism?
Exactly.

To answer the question simply, "No." To answer the question from a chick's POV, "Of course, you ******* idiot."

It doesn't bode well when a girl's so obsessed about finding something "new" instead of making something old her own.

Catch and release. She's got issues.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lie. When taking her to someplace you've been before, tell her it's your first time.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
+1, just like she will do to you when she tells you that it's her first anal experience.

She wouldn't seriously do that, would she? I would know!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
+1, just like she will do to you when she tells you that it's her first anal experience.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, usually they are much more honest about DPs

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads