• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=39256

spam[1].gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ernest is getting out of hand and dragging the rest of the fora down with him.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

Agree. If I see one more Manouche poll, I'm gonna barf.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oui. To the Guillotine with le Mandouche!

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to look at the charity announcement and get this:

Dewey, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Strange way to drum up donations.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Bumping your threads to get them to the top will result in a thread lock if we see it. The only exception is to announce a significant price drop on items - 5-10% or so sounds reasonable. If you are new and you do this, I will very likely spaminate your entire account. If you are not new and you keep doing this, I will ban you. Updates on what is sold can be made by editing the original post. Answering questions in the thread is semi-acceptable, but try to do it by PM and then edit the info into your original post. If you want people to see you have stuff for sale, put that info along with a link to your sale thread in your signature, and post useful posts around the forum. If I see a bunch of one word or useless posts from a person with any links in his sig, I will watch and likely ban. You have been warned. Have a nice day!
smile.gif

How about a 5-10% price RISE? Or listing the same goddamn crap over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again (size 36 Incotex just one example).

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by spertia
Agree. If I see one more Manouche poll, I'm gonna barf.

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Oui. To the Guillotine with le Mandouche!

Originally Posted by edmorel
ernest = SF cruiser ?

PLEAAASSEEEEEE!!!!

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
I tried to look at the charity announcement and get this:
Strange way to drum up donations.

Hmmm... that is wierd... but then, wierd things have been happening. When was this. Oh, and btw, here is the text (I'll PM you as well):

Hi all,

Happy Holidays to everyone, and best wishes to you and yours. Thank you being part of the forum. We look forward to the coming year as the forum continues to grow. Thank you being part of something special.

This year, we will be holding a Holiday drive for the "Make a Wish" Foundation ( www.wish.org ), which grants children with terminal illnesses a single wish.

We are soliciting donations from all of our members and readers. Donations can be made to via Paypal to [email protected]

There will also be raffles for prizes donated by affiliates. All raffles will end on January 1, and winners will be announced at that time. Raffles will be announced as prizes are donated... (Yeah, it's that organized )

100% of all donations and raffle proceeds will be given to Make-A-Wish Foundation. Every bit helps, and I hope that you will all find it in your hearts to donate what you can this Holiday Season.

All donations will be completely anonymous. Raffle winners will be notified privately...

Thanks.

Fok, in behalf of all of us at Styleforum.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Edit; situation solved. THANKS m@t... you da man!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
...and he is gone.
I appreciate the effort, m@t, I truly do... but it appears that sometimes the woefully stupid just keep trying: Notice the suspicious new member registering now: duominggee http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=39540 Something tells me we're about to see self-bumped Galliano jeans placed in the wrong forum again. Can I nominate this guy for the 2008 SF Darwin Awards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads