• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An iGent asks: how are my jeans?

Brian SD

Reaction score
The problem is very simple the way I see it: in the context of his fits, the jeans look entirely unremarkable, and spending $800 on something unremarkable is questionable behavior.

The jeans themselves look great, IMO. And having seen Jomons in person, if you're disappointed with the finish on them, well, I can say you probably won't be satisfied with any jeans you can find, because they're top notch jawnz. There's lots to appreciate about those Jomons, but pairing them with an aesthetic that's basically the anthithesis of 45rpm is where you've gone wrong.

For what you're wearing up top, APC new standards and dress shoes will better serve the aesthetic. The Styleforum 5EPs would also work well.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my taste, his regular pants are too short, and the jeans are a little too long. I don`t think they are as baggy as I thought in the other thread, but I still think he could experiment with some other styles that have sliiightly more taper.

I also think the fade looks pretty good with the more casual jacket shown in this thread. With the other sports jacket, I think no fade looks better.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling I'm the only one who thinks they look fine. It's entirely up to you to decide whether they were worth $800 or not.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Where are people getting 800 from they're sorahikos.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh my B, I confused them with the jeans in the other thread mentioned a few pages back.

The comments people have been giving mafoofan include a lot of "they look like $30 gap jeans"... but seriously, whether they're worth the price you paid really depends on the feeling you get from wearing them...

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'll have to +1 Mafoo on this, the comments I read in this thread feel more like something one or two forumnite said about Mafoo's choices of clothes and general look and that have now turned into some kind of forum meme. I like those jeans and they appear to have some nice fades.

BTW I used to own a pair of Jomons AKA $800 jeans (and dior and etc) and sold them because they just didn't bring me the same satisfaction as my APCs so I doubt I'm biased on this.

Same, I used to own dior jeans, i'll take APC over them anyday.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Prefer my diors to the apcs if I had to choose but they're 21s which I think look much better than 19s.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
That's because you're fat, man. Hahaha. But seriously, i never liked the way my new cures fit at all. And the apc denim. Looks alright when it's washed once or worn in some but hate that raw look it has. So dead and lifeless.

So true. I find the fit of New Cures ok but there's awkward hip flare and the back seat is also awkward, if only it had ass darts...

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
if only it had ass darts...

Mate, that HAS to go in your signature!
laugh.gif

Or maybe I should stop drinking ...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
That's because you're fat, man.

If by fat you mean not the body of a pre-pubescent boy then I wholeheartedly agree..

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Same, I used to own dior jeans, i'll take APC over them anyday.

To be fair I do like dior a lot but if I'm going to need only one pair of blue jeans it's gotta be APC NS. Mine has some nice fades too as it's a few yrs old.

ringring

Reaction score
Thanks for the link erbs
smile.gif

I haven't worn Fullcount 1108s for about a year, since my last pair wore out. I've been wearing the excellent McHill 555s (also mentioned in that linked thread) and various other jeans.

Regarding the 1108s : Although I have enough jeans to last this lifespan, the Fullcounts are the only jeans that I have kept an untouched, factory fresh pair in case Fullcount ever cease production.

Back to the original subject, I think the jeans look perfectly fine, knee fades and all.

Very nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads