• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rate this suit slovak tailor

• Thread starter sdfas5342
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

sdfas5342

cloth is Dormeuil 140's bought in Junmann & Neffe Vienna.

say what you think!

Daneel

Reaction score
I like it, the lines on the jacket look very clean, though I'd say the sleeves are a tad too long (or the shirt sleeves a little too short, it's hard to tell) and the same with the trousers.

Didn't you want it tapered in a bit at your sides?

Then again, I'm new here, what do I know
smile.gif

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daneel
I like it, the lines on the jacket look very clean, though I'd say the sleeves are a tad too long (or the shirt sleeves a little too short, it's hard to tell) and the same with the trousers.

Didn't you want it tapered in a bit at your sides?

+ uno.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the trousers, though they're long. The jacket looks very, very stiff and as others have pointed out, there is zero waist suppression. The extremely closed quarters and the relatively sharp corners at the quarters don't help and leave a lot to be desired, IMHO. That said, the stitching looks pretty nice in the closeups. What's with the horizontal seam between the 1st and 2nd buttonholes on the inside of the jacket front, though?

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
What's with the horizontal seam between the 1st and 2nd buttonholes on the inside of the jacket front, though?

Yes

S

sdfas5342

Originally Posted by Douglas
What's with the horizontal seam between the 1st and 2nd buttonholes on the inside of the jacket front, though?

i guess that's just the way he works i am not sure actually he said that for the next one he learned another technique in Saville row.

also i have a 1 button suit from him that i just received as well and i will post about it soon and 5 shirts from Vienna...

Eccentric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cluster2600
yes i asked him for the next suit to not fuse it...

That is a step in the right direction: fusing is the devil. If it is truly bespoke, then you should correct your sleeve measurements and get working cuffs. The other thing, as has been stated, is the need for more waist supression. Still, not a bad start.

Jawbreak

Reaction score
Looks Good Monsieur M.

I like the linning, pants I agree are a little long, everything else can be adjusted after a few wearings....

The boxyness can be because of how you are standing, my brown suit from Mr. D has got all the curves.

If you want to be like Grof R... then remove Mr. D's label, it offends the bourgois in me..

penguin vic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theteacher
The boxyness can be because of how you are standing, my brown suit from Mr. D has got all the curves.

Doubt the way he is standing can make it look that boxy. The skirt is cut almost square across ...

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
trousers:
too tight in the seat/hips.
shorten the bottoms, too much break.

jacket:
bring in the waist line a little.
the quarters need to be opened.
sleeves are just fine, the shirt sleeves are too short.

vest:
ok

the picture of the collar shows very fine hand work.

ccffm1

Reaction score
What should I say? The suit seems to have the same problems as the last one you´ve ordered and is probably from the same tailor. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=67672 The pants are slightly narrower on the recent one, which is a good thing, IMO.

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overall it seems a nice garment that requires some attention to detail. After all, you are paying for detail work when you pay for bespoke.

If the fellow makes another suit for you in the future, you might request a separate pocket to be cut for your pen. The lining is certainly rather unusual. However, the big detail that troubles me is the apparent seam where none belongs.

What is that, anyway?

SF12-03-2008.jpg

___

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
full canvas:
evidently the amount of cloth was too short to allow the facing to be cut in one piece. vest facings are normally cut that way. it would not bother me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads