• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doc Marten Boots In Style Anymore?

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like and own a pair from steel-boots.com. (I have the 15 holes). Not docs, but they're mean stompy boots and rivet approved. Made and shipped from Slovakia.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow i love those monkey shoes! how are they in size. if i genereally wear an 11 what would i wear in these? how do they look with slimmer tapered jeans? im assuming amazing!! lol.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by woodywoodson
Get Smart, you just cost me $97.50.

and you didnt even get a reacharound
frown.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wait, didnt notice the white bottoms with the white background! dont like it as much, but would you say they are pretty clunky looking, or smooth?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the Doc Marten monkey boots suck

this is the one to get, made at the original Northampton UK factory by Solovair. only avail in Oxblood for the time being

1c1d3c1a-719d-4380-8cd3-02e978077611.main.jpg

dfb54b21-b3f3-4eb4-8349-1c7ed9c3f9b9.main.jpg

woodywoodson

Reaction score
The "James" boot looks nice, do you know if it is made in England?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ no it's not but that shouldnt matter because it's well made. If it were stamped MIE you wouldnt think otherwise

heyheyhey

Reaction score
A store near me has all Doc's 20% off, I am so very tempted.

Some 8-hole Cherry's would be sweet.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Couldn't pass this sale up, grabbed a pair of cherry red 1460s, made in china. Eventually decided that the extra money for the Made in England stamp wasn't worth it, on my budget. 65$ shipped is a ******* steal considering how much I love my black MICs.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I still own a pair of brown leather basic DM boots from the early 90s, the typical "grunge" fashion ones all the kids were wearing back then. I was thinking the other night of preparing a road emergency kit to stuff in my car trunk (I'm paranoid about getting stranded in winter on the road) and thought these would make perfect boots for such a thing. Warm, tough, big enough for thick socks. But I'm not sure I'll ever wear them on the street anymore as part of my wardrobe.

woodywoodson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
^^ no it's not but that shouldnt matter because it's well made. If it were stamped MIE you wouldnt think otherwise

Damn, maybe I'll just get the 8-hole James in brown to go with the MIE blacks I just bought. Maybe my wife will let me start building a closet in the garage.

Charlatan

Reaction score
I am a 9.5D using US sizing. Do Doc Martens fit true to size?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlatan
I am a 9.5D using US sizing. Do Doc Martens fit true to size?

all of mine feel .5 size small

9UK should fit you perfect

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads