• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An iGent asks: how are my jeans?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It was recommended in the MC forum that I pay you guys a visit and show you my 45rpm jeans. I'm not sure what's so special about them, other than that they cost way too much. They were shrink-to-fit, and I wore them for almost a year before washing them. Sorry, no 'stacking'.

naplesjeanss.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh? I don't understand, is this a joke? Cool jeans, not sure if they're worth a thread or the money you paid for them. Maybe someone else can shed light on this but I don't see the big idea.

Maybe they were 'avin a go?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Huh? I don't understand, is this a joke? Cool jeans, not sure if they're worth a thread or the money you paid for them. Maybe someone else can shed light on this but I don't see the big idea.

Maybe they were 'avin a go?

The point of the original thread was to uncover what kinds of jeans guys wear over on the Men's Clothing forum. Someone mentioned that I have a pair of 45rpms, and suggested I post them over here because the fading looked natural and symmetrical. I am not a denim connoisseur, so I can't say whether they are worth looking at or not. To me, they're just a pair of jeans.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I get a sense from reading other posts of yours that you like to buy "the right products" and usually the best money can buy (or close to it). nothing wrong with that but the end result always strikes *me* as lacking soul/personality. I'm probably totally full of **** but that's the perception I get from your various threads on furniture, clothes etc.

as it is, doesnt seem to be anything wrong with how it looks, but it doesnt make one take a 2nd look either and I would surmise that you could be just as happy with jeans that cost a fraction of 45rpm pricing

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
blue shirt sucks
n00b

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dono but those mom jeans to the left are HOT!
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey now, let's hold the price-based judgements for a minute.

Fades look real nice, and especially impressive considering all the other far more expensive garments in mafoo's closets that also demand attention. And isn't 45rpm denim rather hard to break in?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I get a sense from reading other posts of yours that you like to buy "the right products" and usually the best money can buy (or close to it). nothing wrong with that but the end result always strikes *me* as lacking soul/personality. I'm probably totally full of **** but that's the perception I get from your various threads on furniture, clothes etc.

as it is, doesnt seem to be anything wrong with how it looks, but it doesnt make one take a 2nd look either and I would surmise that you could be just as happy with jeans that cost a fraction of 45rpm pricing

I started out with a pair of LVC 1947 501s, but the denim wore through very quickly. I tend to only keep one or two pairs of jeans in my wardrobe at a time, and I wanted a slim 501-like fit, so I began my hunt for something that would last longer, with minimal ornamentation. I wound up with the 45rpms, but I agree they are much more than I need--and certain details are disappointing. The stitching is terrible: uneven in some places, easily coming loose in others.

As to dressing without 'soul', I try not to take offense. But I can't help but think it is kind of a cop-out criticism that assumes I am trying to achieve a particular effect. However, I'm not dressing to get attention or make it obvious I spent a lot. For me, quality is a personal experience, fit should be comfortable and natural, and style should be quiet. So, to me, it is a sign of success that someone would look at my clothes and not think anything special of it.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Hey now, let's hold the price-based judgements for a minute. Fades look real nice, and especially impressive considering all the other far more expensive garments in mafoo's closets that also demand attention. And isn't 45rpm denim rather hard to break in?
Um, I think it's a washed pair.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan

I doubt it. I asked somewhere else and mafoo said he wore them a year without washing.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nope. Raw, unwashed.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
I doubt it. I asked somewhere else and mafoo said he wore them a year without washing.
Yeah, you might be right. EDIT: You are! Anyway, does anyone remember that one epic thread from forever ago where the Japenese denim guru whose name escapes me destroyed the MC-oriented tailored-clothes gentleman who was complaining about the shoddy construction on his 4RPMs? I tried to search for the thread, but I'm coming up empty handed. Mafoofan should read it though. EDIT: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=14648

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only fades are on your knees and there's no whiskers. What do they do, drive you to a client and unload you from the back of a pickup to give someone a ** then pick you up and toss you in the back again?

Strange.

The jeans look like something I could buy at the Gap.

And your Rubinacci coat makes you look like you try way too hard.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyway, does anyone remember that one epic thread from forever ago where the Japenese denim guru whose name escapes me destroyed the MC-oriented tailored-clothes gentleman who was complaining about the shoddy construction on his 4RPMs? I tried to search for the thread, but I'm coming up empty handed.

Mafoofan should read it though.

The legendary A Kabbaz vs. Geowu/ringring thread.

You're welcome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads