• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where to shop in Chicago

wikiwiz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

just wondering, for those who live in Chicago, where do you guys shop ?

Thanks

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never actually shopped in Chicago, but Hejfina and Shop Jake are located there, I think.

ataboada

Reaction score
I shop a lot from everywhere. What types of brands do you want, or do you need anything in particular?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
jake
hejfina
apt no. 9
barneys
jil sander

/thread

wikiwiz

Reaction score
well, I was hoping to buy a peacoat and a raw denim

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
urban outfitters
steve madden
kenneth cole
theory

/thread

teacha.gif

wikiwiz

Reaction score
On my student budget I say below 200 on raw denim and about 300 on peacoat

Casey

Reaction score
I've been in Chicago for a few hours and this is what I can tell you. Barneys is on the corner of Oak St and Rush St. If you go to Barneys and just head south a little on Rush street, you'll come across a modern brown building called Jake.

And while you're on Oak St, you might come across the original American Jil Sander store. You might also come across the Chicago Ralph Lauren which I must say is a beautiful building.

And there's also a Barneys CO-OP somewhere north of this area.

And if yo're in the Bucktown area, you'll find Hejfina on N Milwuakee Ave as well as Hejfina and Marc by Marc Jacobs on N Damen Ave.

Basically, most designers and department stores have Chicago locations there are a variety of specialty stores scattered throughout the city but Jake and Hejfina, I believe, are both based in Chicago. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please!)

wikiwiz

Reaction score
hmm. I guess I would like to try out APCs and Crate Denim

wikiwiz

Reaction score
oh and I think most of the time I am going to stay in Michigan Ave. Area.

jskidder

Reaction score
only place for apc really is penelope's on division in wicker park.

the list jet posted is pretty much all-inclusive of the only places worth shopping imo, and i live in chicago. sometimes gamma player is good, but not really right now.

and the michigan ave area blows. barney's, jake, and jil sander are all there but thats about it. none of the bars/clubs or restaurants anywhere near there are worth a ****.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
jake
hejfina
apt no. 9
barneys
jil sander

/thread

ha, i think you forgot a few and also where they happened to be located. yes, there is jake, barney's ny, jil sander all on oak street. jake on rush and on the northside on southport. hejfina on milwaukee. apartment #9 on damen just north of north avenue. akira and untitled have SOME stuff both are on north avenue. penelope's on division near wood. guise | chic on halsted just south of webster in lincoln park and the co-op is pretty much across the street. that's about it as far as boutiques worth shopping at go...

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wikiwiz
hmm. I guess I would like to try out APCs and Crate Denim

if you hit up the barney's on oak street, holler at paula (black chick with glasses) about the denim and she'll hook you up, she knows her ****...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads