• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is any of the Lands End stuff for men good?

Mathew J

Reaction score
So I picked up some lower cost dress pants, Lauren Green label and a pair of Nautica but now am feeling some buyers remorse in that I should have looked for something better...wondering if Lands end stuff is good or if I should focus on the bloomingdales sale comming up this week? thanks

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty satisfied with their slim fit OCBDs

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beware the baggy fit. Quality should be ok.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
I got their dress shoes from a thrift store I can't say I'm shocked by them but can't complain either.

kjm

Reaction score
I bought (and promptly returned) a pair of their tailored fit dress pants. The fabric was very rough and the lining was made out of nylon.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tailored fit shirts are slimmer than Brooks Brothers 'Slim Fit'. In fact one of the Land's End shirts I have has the same dimensions as my Barba shirts although the former lacks any of the handwork and nice fabrics of the latter.

SVS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
So I picked up some lower cost dress pants, Lauren Green label and a pair of Nautica but now am feeling some buyers remorse in that I should have looked for something better...wondering if Lands end stuff is good or if I should focus on the bloomingdales sale comming up this week? thanks

Land's End pants hold up well and I like their lines (especially the wash-and-wear which are more like kakis than dress pants) for day-to-day activities. Since I can order my exact size in a long rise, they fit me far better than the anything off the rack and don't need to be tailored. However, I don't think they look as good or fit as well as a true pair of tailored dress pants.

I feel Land's End dress slacks are of better quality than low-end RL or Nautica. I typically order their better stuff and have never felt they look cheap even when placed next to a pair of really nice pants. With tax and shipping, you'll probably pay a little more for Land's End than you would for something from your local mall but you'll get better pants.

If you just need a decent looking, basic pair of pants, Land's End is great. I'm a big fan.

BTW, think Land's End is offering free shipping right now.

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SVS
Land's End pants hold up well and I like their lines (especially the wash-and-wear which are more like kakis than dress pants) for day-to-day activities. Since I can order my exact size in a long rise, they fit me far better than the anything off the rack and don't need to be tailored. However, I don't think they look as good or fit as well as a true pair of tailored dress pants.

I feel Land's End dress slacks are of better quality than low-end RL or Nautica. I typically order their better stuff and have never felt they look cheap even when placed next to a pair of really nice pants. With tax and shipping, you'll probably pay a little more for Land's End than you would for something from your local mall but you'll get better pants.

If you just need a decent looking, basic pair of pants, Land's End is great. I'm a big fan.

BTW, think Land's End is offering free shipping right now.

Thanks, any idea on how Joseph Banks Executive trousers stack up too?

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Their knit ties are nice and inexpensive; made from the same Italian factory as most other knit tie brands.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sears.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tee shirts and polos are okay. cashmere used to be years ago but is now rubbish. Outerwear IMO is very good for the price.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy stuff from LE at least once a year. The ties are good to excellent. So are the cords. A while ago they had moleskins that were good. I ordered chino swatches and was not impressed; they look to be on par with Dockers and Old Navy. The only sportcoat I'd ever try from them would be something in a substantial fabric -- a tweed, for example -- and even then I would not have high expectations for the fit. The dress shirt patterns are always pretty classic. I've had the year rounder pants and I think JAB is a good comparison though the LE pants fit me better. As always, fit will make or break the usefulness of good-value clothing. And it's worth noting that the sizing across the men's stuff is not always consistent. I'm a 32 in some of the pants and a 33 in others. So it can be trial and error. All in all, LE is more of a value brand than a quality brand. With low prices and a great return policy, there is no risk. They are also good for children's clothes and shoes.

Eagle

Reaction score
I've found LE's Hyde Park OCBDs to be exceptional and their chinos are OK but, nothing more than that. I've picked up a couple of LE's sweaters/sweater vests on clearance that cost almost nothing and on at least one occasion, I was wearing one of their Faire Isle sweater vests in the local BB store and the BB sales lady commented on how nice it looked and asked if it was one of theirs! Overall, I'd say their stuff is pretty good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads