• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

We need a thread on bad sellers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBW

Reaction score
I don't know where this goes but I've been screwed twice now and we need a thread on bad sellers. I've bought without problem from spacemanvt (rb11s), angelicboris (Persols), padronlover (shirts) and several others but there's been a few that have been hell. I know some will change their names so we should have a list with all of their names at the time and their paypal addresses. I know some in the past on other forums would change their names but would try to scam using the same paypal and they'd be caught. The B&S on this forum is too good to let these people try to come in and scam. Not a big deal and I won't release who it was but I was offered something through PM last night from someone who told me they'd ship something out to me in the morning if I paid at night and now they are saying that THEY won't even have the product for at least a week.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You may want to bring it to J's attention.

It especially sounds like a good idea to be put into the Buying & Selling forvm.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have had some shipping difficulties as i suppose the usps is busier with the holidays fast approaching, but have found more buyers to be flaky than sellers.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i have had some shipping difficulties as i suppose the usps is busier with the holidays fast approaching, but have found more buyers to be flaky than sellers.

Of course, sellers have the advantage in that they're paid before they ship. So a buyer getting burnt is a lot worse than a seller getting burnt, in most cases.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
reverse the payment, you don't need SF's help to do this

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still it would help to have a list of top notch sellers. That said bad things can happen like the BG incident last year.

KBW

Reaction score
We could also have a list of buyers that have a history of backing out. A seller I just pm'd told me that he has had several commit to buy that never paid holding him up with his sale. There does need to be some sort of list though. I know there's many more good buyers/sellers here than bad but the B&S here is too good to have bad sellers around.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One easy approach would be for happy buyers to post positive notes in the sales threads. That would give new shoppers some clues about the sellers.

I'm not sure how to approach the subject of bad buyers. Sellers could specify payment policies or deadlines (e.g., must pay within 24 hours, etc.).

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
We could also have a list of buyers that have a history of backing out. A seller I just pm'd told me that he has had several commit to buy that never paid holding him up with his sale. There does need to be some sort of list though. I know there's many more good buyers/sellers here than bad but the B&S here is too good to have bad sellers around.

This has happened to me quite a lot (perhaps 20% of sales), particularly with socks for some reason. People jump in, reserve them then never make contact again. I normally send them three polite PMs, then relist. It's totally beyond me why people do it and it's a pain in the rear. There are a couple of people who have done it to me on multiple occasions and I'd be supportive of a bad sellers/buyers thread to save others the hassle.

Problem is, I can easily see it degenerating into a slanging match which does no-one any favours.

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tidybeard
This has happened to me quite a lot (perhaps 20% of sales), particularly with socks for some reason. People jump in, reserve them then never make contact again. I normally send them three polite PMs, then relist. It's totally beyond me why people do it and it's a pain in the rear. There are a couple of people who have done it to me on multiple occasions and I'd be supportive of a bad sellers/buyers thread to save others the hassle.

Problem is, I can easily see it degenerating into a slanging match which does no-one any favours.

Socks are the one item on here that always pisses me off. I always send pm saying I want a certain pair(s) and I have never once gotten my pm quick enough to acquire them.

I've bought every time I've sent pm promising to. I've in the last two months just off of SF's B&S acquired Persols (well not really off B&S someone pm'd me an offer), several pairs of jeans , at least 5 shirts, W+H tiger fleece (also through PM), desert boots, MJK boxers, etc and paid in a timely manner. I had one seller I pm'd using my phone that I'd pay the next afternoon as I wasn't near a computer and don't want to use paypal on my phone and he said that was cool...I contacted him to pay and he already sold the item as he wasn't comfortable holding it. That is also one of the reasons we need threads on good and bad buyers/sellers. If he knew I would pay he would have held it. To be honest money is money and I don't blame him one bit for not waiting as he didn't know me.

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by playdohh22
KBW, i am sorry to hear that you've been ghulkhaned twice. that's pretty weak man.

Huh, what is "ghulkhaned."

bearlydavid

Reaction score
We should just make a feedback system. I have seen it on other forums that have BST parts.

Just a thought

dylan123

Reaction score
I need help from the forum members, Does any one here know or have any dealing with Teger, I bought the two item on this post from him and paid him via paypal on Nov 30th, since then, I have PM him numerous time and PM were ignore. He was very prom with reply before I paid him. I can see he is very active in this forum, can any one here can help me get in touch with him. I don't want to think he took my money and not send the items. Is there any recourse for me from Paypal if the seller walk away with your money and not send the item.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dylan123
I need help from the forum members, Does any one here know or have any dealing with Teger, I bought the two item on this post from him and paid him via paypal on Nov 30th, since then, I have PM him numerous time and PM were ignore. He was very prom with reply before I paid him. I can see he is very active in this forum, can any one here can help me get in touch with him. I don't want to think he took my money and not send the items. Is there any recourse for me from Paypal if the seller walk away with your money and not send the item.
dude you emailed me a blank email and I just emailed you back... I haven't been ignoring your PM. to repeat: I shipped your item and if you send me your last name I can search my email and give you the tracking #..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics