• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Designing a new suit - what details are you looking for?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I started a new thread with a link to a brief 10 question online survey:

http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...67#post1038267

Thank you once again to all who have submitted their suggestions and comments. This has been most encouraging and insightful!

Yours Truly,

Ben

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We finally started receiving shipments of our new and exclusive line of suits (hopefully shirts soon to follow and perhaps sweaters, outerwear and accessories shortly thereafter!).

While they are not yet ready for sale on our website, we thought you might like a preview and check out the little booklet which comes with each suit:

http://store.ehaberdasher.com/catalo...n-Booklet.html

Thank you all once again for helping me realize this dream and for all of your wisdom, input and advice!

Yours Truly,

Ben

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
me want... Congrats. The booklet looks great.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zarathustra
me want... Congrats. The booklet looks great.

Thanks... and I would echo your sign-off: "Failure is not an option. The alternative is complete financial Armageddon and a great depression... "

aldica

Reaction score
Interior pocket for business cards, seems to be a "must have."

penguin vic

Reaction score
Ben - booklet looks great and suits look promising. Has the price point stayed the same? Wish the A$ hadn't tanked ...

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
We finally started receiving shipments of our new and exclusive line of suits (hopefully shirts soon to follow and perhaps sweaters, outerwear and accessories shortly thereafter!).

While they are not yet ready for sale on our website, we thought you might like a preview and check out the little booklet which comes with each suit:

http://store.ehaberdasher.com/catalo...n-Booklet.html

Thank you all once again for helping me realize this dream and for all of your wisdom, input and advice!

Yours Truly,

Ben

Did you ever report the results of your survey from May?

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Looks good. Would love to see more detailed pictures of the construction and fit. If it's still below the $500 range, I would definitely be up to make a purchase.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
We are starting small with a selection of 4 fabrics and will debut with a more modern 2-button (higher gorge) model with notch lapels and side vents, full canvass construction, pick-stitching throughout, basted sleeves (to allow for functional sleeve buttons) and flapped besom pockets. We have not yet decided whether we will offer a single pleated pant or a flat front pant. Fine details will likely include bemberg lining, corozo buttons, demi-luna reinforced pocket stitching, an inside chest pocket which opens UP and down to accommodate an airline ticket, and trousers will have an inner curtained waist band. We hope to introduce this new line exclusively on eHaberdasher.com and also on ebay later this year.

Just keep the pick-stitching subtle (or just don't do it).

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
What is the price range?

Earlier I had promised to have them at under $500 - I will do this but only for the initial promotion as costs went up considerably. We will retail them for $599 and up to $759.99 (Super 150's 3-piece). Please keep in mind this suit is truly exclusive - this is not a mass-made garment that we simply slapped our own label on - this suit was made specific to our specifications, details and features. This was an extremely small production (less than 300 suits total) and only no more than 40 were made in any particular fabric (other than the solids which will be offered as suit separates). You will not find this same suit anywhere else.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Did you ever report the results of your survey from May?

No, never did. I wonder if there's an easy way to do that... I'll look into that as soon as I get a chance!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Just keep the pick-stitching subtle (or just don't do it).

The pick-stitching is in contrast colors: pink, yellow, turquoise... just kidding. It is subtle - at least in my opinion. You may judge for yourself once we have them up on our site and include the detailed photos.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdg137
Side Tabs

Ticket Pocket

Forward pleats

PLEASE, 38 short...

Side tabs: No

Ticket pocket: No

Forward pleats: again... No

(not doing so good here...)

38S: Yes! but only in suit separates (solids for the time being)

As I mentioned earlier, we may do a MTM/MTO program which might allow for the features you mentioned. One step at a time - we'll see...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads