• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Layering Leather Jacket

MoHawkTshirt

Reaction score

I had just brought this leather jacket online for 300. (Got a 70 dollar discount!
laugh.gif
)
I had never wore a leather jacket before but I know it is not warm enough for winter in NYC.
So Im going to have to layer the leather jacket up, but how should I layer it up stylishly.

Also I wear skinny jeans and pants, what kinds of boot would go well with skinnys..

Much thx

arlee

Reaction score
you need more than a leather jacket for nyc winters

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
If you are looking to be stylish you should return the jacket and buy one without a PUMA logo on it. Looks like a decent jacket but my eyes immediately zoomed into that logo and I can't help but think you paid (not saved) $70 for it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
IME it's hard to layer under a leather jacket since most leathers are cut to hit right below the beltline and depending on what you're wearing underneath there's bound to be shirt tails or sweater hems that extend below the jacket, giving an overall look of sloppy (which is fine if that's your thing). and esp that jacket's style....i think it looks best when you dont have any shirts or sweaters peeking out underneath when the jacket is done up

Leather jacket is great for cool weather, not cold weather

hamish5178

Reaction score
Long sleeve shirt/thermal--->Tucked in button down---> Short cut jacket of your choosing.

Voila, warm with no hems peaking out.

Hany

Reaction score
Get a thick wool cardigan. The jacket has to be one size bigger than your real size though.

mikejones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
If you are looking to be stylish you should return the jacket and buy one without a PUMA logo on it. Looks like a decent jacket but my eyes immediately zoomed into that logo and I can't help but think you paid (not saved) $70 for it.

Agreed. For not much more you could have gotten a world-class leather jacket form Gibson-Barnes.

Quality leather jackets generally don't have logos: i.e., Aero, Schott, Vanson, G&B, Lost Worlds, etc. I may have loved puma clydes in the late 70s, but that big logo is beyond tacky.

tatet

Reaction score
A cardigan under a leather jacket looks cool

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads