• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Talbott Seven-Folds

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came across a couple of these awhile back and bought them for the hell of it, as my fiance is a waitress and wears ties. For .50 each, they're not bad. A few requested some pics awhile ago due to the fact that many would think that nobody would fake a Talbott Seven-Fold. Well....here ya go!

I came across two more of these damned things in a SA today, which inspired me to post these pics. The silk is of extremely poor quality, the printed-on labels are hard to read and blurry.....the list goes on and on. These are terrible fakes, at best.

P1010414.jpg

P1010417.jpg

P1010418.jpg

P1010419.jpg

P1010420.jpg

P1010421.jpg

heard546

Reaction score
Not a fake. They are real, and you are lucky. The numbering on the tail is key.
-tony

Originally Posted by Nataku
I came across a couple of these awhile back and bought them for the hell of it, as my fiance is a waitress and wears ties. For .50 each, they're not bad. A few requested some pics awhile ago due to the fact that many would think that nobody would fake a Talbott Seven-Fold. Well....here ya go!

I came across two more of these damned things in a SA today, which inspired me to post these pics. The silk is of extremely poor quality, the printed-on labels are hard to read and blurry.....the list goes on and on. These are terrible fakes, at best.

P1010414.jpg

P1010417.jpg

P1010418.jpg

P1010419.jpg

P1010420.jpg

P1010421.jpg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm....the "Robert Talbott" logos look different to me. Mine look like they're screen-printed on, opposed to looking like this one:
203470250_o.jpg
Here is mine:
P1010419.jpg
The "o"s in Robert and Talbott are barely legible on mine, and the print is a bit fuzzy. I know, my picture is terrible and doesn't show it that well....

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Hmm....the "Robert Talbott" logos look different to me. Mine look like they're screen-printed on, opposed to looking like this one:

203470250_o.jpg

Here is mine:

P1010419.jpg

The "o"s in Robert and Talbott are barely legible on mine, and the print is a bit fuzzy. I know, my picture is terrible and doesn't show it that well....

FWIW, they both are real. I came across both types in the past.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are real. The logo is printed because the tie is a silk print - not a woven like the other example you posted. It's possible but that these are factory rejects due to the bad printing but it's extremely unlikely these are fake.

Once again, do you really think counterfeiters have even heard of Talbott Seven Folds, let alone believe there is a large enough market to warrant faking them? The weirdest part is that these are true seven folds that require a large amount of silk. What would be the point of faking them? The cost would too high.

The only items that get faked are popular designer brands like Gucci, LV, Prada, Hermes... and the rare Brioni and Zegna.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on, how can you doubt the iGent Collective? They know more than me, and they know more than you (tm)

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Yes, they are real. The logo is printed because the tie is a silk print - not a woven like the other example you posted. It's possible but that these are factory rejects due to the bad printing but it's extremely unlikely these are fake. Once again, do you really think counterfeiters have even heard of Talbott Seven Folds, let alone believe there is a large enough market to warrant faking them? The weirdest part is that these are true seven folds that require a large amount of silk. What would be the point of faking them? The cost would too high. The only items that get faked are popular designer brands like Gucci, LV, Prada, Hermes... and the rare Brioni and Zegna.
+1, he said everything I was going to say. Congrats, you got a great deal on those.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talbott 7 folds are very hit or miss. I think the fact that they will only make forty ties of each pattern forces them to use some silks that are instantly destined for either deep discount or relegated for years in a Nordstrom display case. Occasionally, I will see one that makes me want to spend $250 on a tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads