• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday is Repeal Day! What Are You Doing?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fifth of December is the 75th anniversary of the Repeal of Prohibition, and as such, is a holy day to the connoisseurs of wine, spirits, or beer. Will anyone be formally celebrating? Sadly, my celebration will need to be somewhat restrained, as I am taking the LSAT on Saturday morning. However, since I have to drive an unholy distance to take the test in Philly (Tip: don't register late -- I had a choice of Philly or Birmingham), I am heading out the day before and thus have the opportunity to toast Repeal with a cocktail at the rather renown Apothecary Bar. They make a drink called the 'Clever Club' with a shot of gingko -- sounds just the ticket to pregame the LSAT, dontcha think? ~ Huntsman http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...TkyMDk5Wj.html

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
repeal the repeal. Alcohol is a evil drug that leads to harder drugs. It is the way of the devil and sin.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oscarthewild
repeal the repeal. Alcohol is a evil drug that leads to harder drugs. It is the way of the devil and sin.
Please don't blaspheme in my thread. This is all. ~ H

who8mahrice

Reaction score
Maybe a small bit of celebrations...Finals the next week and I need to cram. A lot.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a bottle of New Belgium's (best microbrewery in the US , on a side note) La Folie in the fridge.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was probably going to drink anyway... but now I will do it with purpose!

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna drink some water. Maybe some milk with cereal in the morning.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be cracking open the bottle of Knob Creek I just bought the other night.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to a Repeal Day party at the Back Room, a faux speakeasy of sorts. Party starts at 5:32.
laugh.gif

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hosting a House Warming party Friday night. I was wondering about doing a theme but I think celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Repeal of Prohibition will do nicely!

Thanks for the heads up!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$2 rail drinks, jager and beers (probably including $1 PBR cans too) at Hamiltons on 2nd st. They're celebrating their 2nd anniversary. Will be there with some former coworkers and a friend who is celebrating a new job.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Going to a Repeal Day party at the Back Room, a faux speakeasy of sorts. Party starts at 5:32.
laugh.gif

Now this is some proper celebrating. I know the Back Room but have never been -- is it in the back room of the Back Room, perchance? Regardless, though I have never requested nor enjoyed the fruits of patronage, were I not committed to the test on Saturday, I'd PM a humble request to inquire if there was some way I could get an invite! Enjoy, Huntsman

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
This should be a federal holiday.

Could not agree more! (Although actually, perhaps the following day should be a holiday as well, or at least the morning)

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From 1:00pm to 4:30pm I will be taking a dreaded law school exam: Wills, Trusts, & Estates. After that, I will probably meet up with some colleagues and enjoy a bit of the bottle of Woodford Reserve I purchase the other day. Then it's back to studying for the rest of my exams and preparation for a job interview with a top-notch law firm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads