• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Speaker Cables?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Better power cords work. I was surprised at first by this but they do add value.

Fortunately we save money by using battery power on our recording sessions. That completely eliminates any power issues.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Fortunately we save money by using battery power on our recording sessions. That completely eliminates any power issues.

Are you kidding? As those batteries run down there's all kinds of distortion. I've heard it. It happened on my Walkman and on my Discman.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Are you kidding? As those batteries run down there's all kinds of distortion. I've heard it. It happened on my Walkman and on my Discman.

Haha. Doesn't happen on pro gear. Think about modern recording gear as being less of a mechanical device and more of a computer. We record right onto the hard drive in hirez.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. Doesn't happen on pro gear. Think about modern recording gear as being less of a mechanical device and more of a computer. We record right onto the hard drive in hirez.
If it's more of a computer, isn't the sound information digital and thus unaffected by whatever cable/power source/whatever you are using?

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's more of a computer, isn't the sound information digital and thus unaffected by whatever cable/power source/whatever you are using?
True. It's all zeroes and ones at that point and as long as they all reach their destination, sound should be the same

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I'm just waiting for this thread to be merged with the "These are fake, right" thread.
bounce2.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
True. It's all zeroes and ones at that point and as long as they all reach their destination, sound should be the same

Not really, you can have time based distortion known as jitter. The ones and zeros must arrive at precisely the right time. Even picoseconds make a difference and are audible.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score

It's only digital after the A/D conversion. The device we use also has analog circuitry.

tundrafour

Reaction score
Better power cords work. I was surprised at first by this but they do add value.

I trust you are using audiophile-grade batteries.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tundrafour
I trust you are using audiophile-grade batteries.

They just need to be reliable. Have not lost power yet...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I know nothing about this ****, but these threads are always outstanding. Hats off to the participants.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even picoseconds make a difference and are audible.

For sufficiently bad DACs.

--Andre

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All DACs have jitter.

And 1+1 = 2. Having jitter and audible levels of jitter are two entirely different things.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads