• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeanatic

Reaction score
just picked this up from ebay: Jil Sander Leather Jacket, I was the only bidder
biggrin.gif
be18_1_sbl.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xeanatic
just picked this up from ebay:

Jil Sander Leather Jacket, I was the only bidder
biggrin.gif

be18_1_sbl.jpg

I remember that from the store.
The leather is great, you'll love it.

xeanatic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I remember that from the store. The leather is great, you'll love it.
Thanks this will be my first jill leather except for some gloves
smile.gif
You seem to have a lot of JS where do you pick most of it up? edit: also is this more like a winter jacket or summer jacket?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
It's a spring jacket. I think it's the mesh lining one.

I buy most of my Jil Sander at Jil Sander

xeanatic

Reaction score
It's a spring jacket. I think it's the mesh lining one.

I buy most of my Jil Sander at Jil Sander

Sounds logical..

In my country we don't have a Jil Sander store so that kinda sucks.. Is it worth it to make the big travel once in a while? I have to go to Germany ( I live in the Netherlands ). I mean do they have much more than there is available on the internet?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barney's NY and Saks both carry Jil. Selection at both is pretty limited, but should be fine if you're looking for basic items like simple button front shirts or black/grey suits.

It goes on sale like pretty much everything else in those stores. I picked up a black Jil suit at Barneys a month or so ago at 40% off.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The basic black or grey suit is going to run you $1400 retail. Others can get way up there in price.

The only Saks and Barney's I go to are in Beverly Hills. Can't really speak for the others. They definitely don't have it at co-op though.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Correct you can get the entry level basic suits about $1400 full retail and if you play it right could get it for about 40% off.

Saks and Barneys are your best bets if you are in the LA area.

As to the guy in the Netherlands I think there is even a Jil Sander outlet in Germany.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nice, would have copped at a bigger size for me.

Originally Posted by xeanatic
just picked this up from ebay:

Jil Sander Leather Jacket, I was the only bidder
biggrin.gif

be18_1_sbl.jpg

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Correct you can get the entry level basic suits about $1400 full retail and if you play it right could get it for about 40% off.

Saks and Barneys are your best bets if you are in the LA area.

As to the guy in the Netherlands I think there is even a Jil Sander outlet in Germany.

would the jil suits be the way to go for a guy like me more into a slimmer more fashionable suit (of decent quality) and not into the rigid, old man cuts of brooks, oxxford, samuelsohn? etc what have you , brands that are more into fabrics and construction rather than just a lighten-up fun and style.

like , i wouldnt mind getting a suit from Nice Collective if they had a model i was interested in (They have a linen/cotton one that is cool, but it is black)
the cut is more street-fashion sense and looks better on the younger group of people needing just a suit for going out or even a wedding, not some suit for banking, law firms, FBI, and interviews.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One look at their suits on a runway should give you the warm and fuzzy that you won't be getting an old man suit.

I'm pretty happy with mine. I could easily wear it as separates if I wanted to. The pants are fairly slim too, but your mileage may vary because apparently the buyers have a choice of different cuts when they go to the show room.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
would the jil suits be the way to go for a guy like me more into a slimmer more fashionable suit (of decent quality) and not into the rigid, old man cuts of brooks, oxxford, samuelsohn? etc what have you , brands that are more into fabrics and construction rather than just a lighten-up fun and style.

like , i wouldnt mind getting a suit from Nice Collective if they had a model i was interested in (They have a linen/cotton one that is cool, but it is black)
the cut is more street-fashion sense and looks better on the younger group of people needing just a suit for going out or even a wedding, not some suit for banking, law firms, FBI, and interviews.

It's a nice and trim shape that you can get from the suit and is still going to be well made. I'd liken it to Ralph Lauren Black Label, Dior Homme, Prada, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads