• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming (hoping) you were inside at the time?
tounge.gif

Geruvah

Reaction score
Nope! Parked the car in the middle of that open field, my (then) girlfriend was there to hold my umbrella over the camera as our feet got dirty and soaking wet.

I can't tell you how many times she was nervous and repeatedly said, "Let's get back in the car" since my umbrella has a bit of a metal tip. I felt like Captain Ahab.

Geruvah

Reaction score
You're ready for this? Canon Digital Rebel XT with a tripod and standard 35-80mm zoom lens. Nothing else. I have no other lenses, flashes, light equipment, nothing. Just tweaking those manual settings for aperture, f-stop and whatnot. I do want a wide-angle lens, though.

Geruvah

Reaction score
Kit lens. Definitely got its money's worth, since that's the case.

migo

Reaction score
HDR of Union Station Great Hall:

3060920045_8eb0620915_b.jpg

Geruvah

Reaction score
Glad to see it done in a way that doesn't make the scene look so surrealistic. It was meant to mimic what the eye sees but some people take it a step too far. Not that I'm saying that it's a bad thing.

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geruvah
Glad to see it done in a way that doesn't make the scene look so surrealistic. It was meant to mimic what the eye sees but some people take it a step too far. Not that I'm saying that it's a bad thing.

Yea I like my HDR's to be realistic. Mostly do it to get the details in dark places with super bright windows, so I can turn up the shutter speed a bit without getting crazy blowouts

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
migo,
How did you combine the shots to create the HDR? I'm running Photoshop Elements 5.0 and have no idea what I'm doing (I just figured out how to take the shots with my Nikon D50).

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
migo,
How did you combine the shots to create the HDR? I'm running Photoshop Elements 5.0 and have no idea what I'm doing (I just figured out how to take the shots with my Nikon D50).

I use CS3...open up bridge, select the pictures you want, tools>photoshop>merge to HDR (or something to that effect), and the rest is messing with curves and all that.

if you google it, there are plenty of tutorials nowadays

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random sampling of Europe pics -- I've got plenty.

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
I use CS3...open up bridge, select the pictures you want, tools>photoshop>merge to HDR (or something to that effect), and the rest is messing with curves and all that.

if you google it, there are plenty of tutorials nowadays

Apparently Elements doesn't process HDR
frown.gif

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Apparently Elements doesn't process HDR
frown.gif

I believe there are a couple of free HDR processing programs out there

slycedbred I really wish I had the subject matter you have! Great pictures

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads