• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robert Graham shirts?

catman

Reaction score
Hey...

I was in Neiman Marcus and Saks last week in Washington DC and was looking at some Robert Graham shirts. I have also found this to be true in LA when I visit my family there. With the way I spill crap on clothing (etc) I just can't see buying one of those shirts at nearly $200...I love those shirts and could easily wear them to work; teaching in the classroom.

Do any of you guys have heads up on were to find RG shirts at a much lower cost?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by catman
Hey...

I was in Neiman Marcus and Saks last week in Washington DC and was looking at some Robert Graham shirts. I have also found this to be true in LA when I visit my family there. With the way I spill crap on clothing (etc) I just can't see buying one of those shirts at nearly $200...I love those shirts and could easily wear them to work; teaching in the classroom.

Do any of you guys have heads up on were to find RG shirts at a much lower cost?

My fiancee got me a couple at Saks Off 5th for around $50 each. Mine are a fairly plain blue and a plainish black. Most seem a bit bright for me. Nice quality - but the cut is double-wide extra cheeseburger for sure.

catman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
well, the shirts are garbage in terms of quality but if you like the styling, banana republic and tailorbyrd do the same thing for cheaper and quality is the same if not better.
Hmmm...I am not necessarily challenging you on this but i did sell clothing for 8 years and do know what to look for...The RG shirts I have looked at seem OK in tersma of the seams and the way banel to panel line up.

Did you try to have one laundered, did it fall apart?

I have not seen a BR shirt like the RG ones...I frequent BR a lot and have even been to the flagship BR store in South Coast Plaza and have not seen anything like that. I dunno...

catman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
My fiancee got me a couple at Saks Off 5th for around $50 each. Mine are a fairly plain blue and a plainish black. Most seem a bit bright for me. Nice quality - but the cut is double-wide extra cheeseburger for sure.

Yeah...this is one thing I noticed about them and I am a skinny, tall guy...they don't taper the shirts. I don't wear shirts 'out' that much either unless it is REALLY set up that way. (not tucked in).

Hey...she got them for a good price if that is what she paid...I was at a Saks Off 5th in August and they were about $40 more than what your girl paid.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by catman
Hmmm...I am not necessarily challenging you on this but i did sell clothing for 8 years and do know what to look for...The RG shirts I have looked at seem OK in tersma of the seams and the way banel to panel line up.

Did you try to have one laundered, did it fall apart?

I have not seen a BR shirt like the RG ones...I frequent BR a lot and have even been to the flagship BR store in South Coast Plaza and have not seen anything like that. I dunno...

I meant BR has similarly loud striped shirts as RG does.

Like this RG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBERT-GRAHAM-TH...2%7C240%3A1318

Is not that diff. from this BR:
http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...scid=606182002

But if you like RG than you are only going to get that exact look from RG. There is a guy here that gets MTM shirts with those contrasting details that RG does. Neiman Last Call usually has racks of RG items on sale.

catman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I meant BR has similarly loud striped shirts as RG does.

Like this RG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBERT-GRAHAM-TH...2%7C240%3A1318

Is not that diff. from this BR:
http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...scid=606182002

But if you like RG than you are only going to get that exact look from RG. There is a guy here that gets MTM shirts with those contrasting details that RG does. Neiman Last Call usually has racks of RG items on sale.

Yes, first you make good point and these two shirts are somwhat the same but the colors have a lot to with it all for me. BR has very good deals and I got a purple on white striped shirt there about two weeks ago for $12.49 (original $90) ...hell, how are you going to beat that? You can get spoiled when shoping at BR...

Where is there a Neiman Last Call? Any in Southern Cal (will be out there soon)?

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a couple at a NM Last Call sale for about $50 each. Very colorful and different -- many complements from the ladies.

To me, they are good quality -- nice fabric, good construction and whimsical details. The double-thick logo buttons are somewhat of a pain -- my local laundry cracked a few so it's only hand-wash from now on. I called RG customer service about the cracked buttons and they mailed me a free life-time supply of replacements -- great customer service.

Twotone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads