• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overcome clumsiness?

jimbo123

Reaction score
I started a new job and let's say it involves fixing things and some admin work.

Anyway... I've been making so, so, so many errors. At first it was understandable but I think now I'm starting to annoy my colleagues. It's partly to do with the busy work environment I think.

So does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Perhaps some kind of mental exercises? Please don't say coffee because I have enough of that!

AintDatRite

Reaction score
Less coffee? While some coffee makes you alert, too much caffeine makes you jittery.

However, as with any tasks, repetition and practice is how you improve. You said its a 'new job' so you obviously need time to learn the skills associated with the job. Assuming you are performing the same tasks over and over, you should begin to see improvement after a few months...

(If you are worried about losing your job because of the mistakes, start weekly or biweekly meetings with your supervisor for 'feedback sessions'. Ask him/her what areas you need to improve upon, what you could be doing better... Even if you make a few mistakes, at least they will know that you are trying.)

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just a thought - are you really focusing hard on what you are doing or is your mind elsewhere?

AintDatRite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimbo123
I think now I'm starting to annoy my colleagues. It's partly to do with the busy work environment I think.

If they are really getting annoyed with you - and you arent just imagining they are - its because a lot of people tend to forget what it was like when they started their job... NOBODY is an expert when they first begin to do something. Rather than become annoyed or irritated with you, they should step up and offer you guidance. I am a firm believer in using mentors; I assign mentors (experienced employees) to each new employee - regardless of their industry/job experience. A mentor can help you become acclimated to a particular company or teach you the finer details of your job... they can also help you so you dont make as many errors.

jimbo123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Just a thought - are you really focusing hard on what you are doing or is your mind elsewhere?

Honestly I do have a tendency to daydream. Sometimes I just go through the motions without thinking what I'm doing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads