• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommunistCow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
(who besides maybe socal owns a $600 sweater?)

Honestly I take most advice around here with a grain of salt because people praise things like that zip apart coat that socal posted a few pages back. I think it looks hideous and those high fashion styles would be completely out of place with my locations, crowd, personal style, and budget. I avoid superfuture like the plague because it seems like everything non-designer is consider ugly as sin.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Dammit. PEOPLE. QUIT ASKING OTHERS TO DRESS YOU. Members will help you but show some damn initiative. Communist cow- The other guy meant go to www.honestforum.com and post there. Would probably suit you better he suggested. I agree since you don't seem to want to put much effort into anything and don't really understand why people buy things they do here, nor do you seem to appreciate design. All those clothes are ugly, fit poorly, and lord knows what the fabrics are like. You obviously don't understand this forum or superfuture and you've been reading since may? C'mon, man. Fashion/clothing/looking good isn't that hard. Hell, if whodini can manage, that should provide enough hope for everyone
devil.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
you criticize a yohji coat that is: a. a runway piece (so its purposefully exaggerated), b. totally normal looking when not zipped out and c. purchased by socal2nyc in nyc yet buy guess western shirts.

you just blew my mind

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
you criticize a yohji coat that is: a. a runway piece (so its purposefully exaggerated), b. totally normal looking when not zipped out and c. purchased by socal2nyc in nyc yet buy guess western shirts.

you just blew my mind

+1

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
rag & bone dakota jacket in brown coated. I could not resist.

lol I probably couldn't either if I worked at a store that stocked it... Or NiCo for that matter.

CommunistCow

Reaction score
Dammit. PEOPLE. QUIT ASKING OTHERS TO DRESS YOU. Members will help you but show some damn initiative. Communist cow- The other guy meant go to www.honestforum.com and post there. Would probably suit you better he suggested. I agree since you don't seem to want to put much effort into anything and don't really understand why people buy things they do here, nor do you seem to appreciate design. All those clothes are ugly, fit poorly, and lord knows what the fabrics are like. You obviously don't understand this forum or superfuture and you've been reading since may? C'mon, man. Fashion/clothing/looking good isn't that hard. Hell, if whodini can manage, that should provide enough hope for everyone
devil.gif

I've been posting mainly in the WAYWT thread where people seem to post some clothes that look reasonable. It seemed like SF was purely designer and this place was partially designer and partially non-designer from what I've seen in that thread. I wouldn't ask people to dress me if people gave some reasonable ******* critiques. "Thats Ugly" does not give any sort of point in the right direction. Saying something like "You need to buy shirts that are smaller in the chest/arms" is helpful. This is a pretty reasonable response and doesn't contain any "OMG western shirts LAWL +1".
Yeah swap out BR with Jcew. Uniqlo makes pretty decent fitting shirts for a good price. Drop Guess PLEASE.
Is something like that so hard to type?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Fashion/clothing/looking good isn't that hard. Hell, if whodini can manage, that should provide enough hope for everyone
devil.gif

Really? Hmm... Maybe we need to revisit a some of your recent fits, mainly one in particular. Say, we'll make it a game so that the kids at home can play along, too:
gay_buenos_aires.jpg
+
israel_flag.jpg
+
clown.jpg
+
prostitute.JPG
= Any guesses???

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll take a piece of bottom right

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
I think I'd be doing the same if I'd just made some of those purchases.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that zip apart coat is awful. socal should send it to me so i can properly dispose of it
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CommunistCow
Honestly I take most advice around here with a grain of salt because people praise things like that zip apart coat that socal posted a few pages back. I think it looks hideous and those high fashion styles would be completely out of place with my locations, crowd, personal style, and budget. I avoid superfuture like the plague because it seems like everything non-designer is consider ugly as sin.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I've been posting mainly in the WAYWT thread where people seem to post some clothes that look reasonable. It seemed like SF was purely designer and this place was partially designer and partially non-designer from what I've seen in that thread.

I wouldn't ask people to dress me if people gave some reasonable ******* critiques. "Thats Ugly" does not give any sort of point in the right direction. Saying something like "You need to buy shirts that are smaller in the chest/arms" is helpful.

This is a pretty reasonable response and doesn't contain any "OMG western shirts LAWL +1".

Is something like that so hard to type?

Those clothes are fundamentally, inherently ugly and fit like **** to boot. If you really can't recognize the difference between the clothes people post here and the things you bought you should probably spend more time lurking the forums and browsing through the threads.

Styleforum doesn't represent some universal style though.

Also, both this site and superfuture could care less about brand names as long as something fits and looks good.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think all of his pickups are ugly, none of them are flattering though. That guess **** is terrible though.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wall of new clothes images:
I refuse to smile :p

Besides the Guess and DKNY shirt you bought (which just scream I want to buy Ed Hardy but I can't afford it) the main problem is the clothes you bought balloon out as they get past the chest.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
that zip apart coat is awful. socal should send it to me so i can properly dispose of it
wink.gif

Send me the wife's RO leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads