• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns Denim

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Queries: just grabbed a pair of these, so how many cuts have they made? I've never even looked into them previously. Details and construction seem very very good, cut I'm not sure of yet (there's a lot of material at my feet) and they're pretty damned stiff. Do they soften up quickly? Stretch much in the waist? They're quite snug but wearable.

Ispy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Queries: just grabbed a pair of these, so how many cuts have they made? I've never even looked into them previously. Details and construction seem very very good, cut I'm not sure of yet (there's a lot of material at my feet) and they're pretty damned stiff. Do they soften up quickly? Stretch much in the waist? They're quite snug but wearable.

Warehouse sale? Just grabbed a pair myself. Details are pretty amazing and for $75 can I'm verrry happy.

TxdoHawk

Reaction score
Grabbed a pair of these off the B/S forum (thanks deaddog) and I'm really enjoying the fit. A little small in the waist initially, but they've stretched a bit, and the legs are pretty much perfect, slim fit without the painted-on clinging I loathe. I generally like my fit a shade looser than what most of SF seems to enjoy though, so the true-size fit may not be up some people's alley.

pharrow59

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ispy
Warehouse sale? Just grabbed a pair myself. Details are pretty amazing and for $75 can I'm verrry happy.

where did you grab them for 75?

bure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pharrow59
where did you grab them for 75?
wings + horns sample sale in vancouver i might head back there tmr, i snagged a pair of the slim grey jeans and they fit perfectly. anyone know how early the first people in line got there at?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I got there at 11 and was first. Honestly though if you got there at 12 or 1230 you'd still be able to happily drop a couple hundy, they had a lot of stuff. Imagine it was all looted by the end?

I got mine there too, 75 flat and wore them tonight. The top block fit is more or less perfect. I don't know if I want to taper the bottom yet. I'll probably post some pics for opinions at some point.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May

Where in Vanc was this? I assumed it was at the Roden Grey store?

RodenGray

Reaction score
samplesalemailout1.jpg
dont miss it!

2Scoops

Reaction score
any consensus as to whether to size up or down the denim?

bure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2Scoops
any consensus as to whether to size up or down the denim?

Depends on the cut. The raw indigo at the sample sale aren't very slim, they're more of a straight leg. I would size down on those imo

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet sale. Thanks JD_May
I may return tomorrow, I went there tonight and was told there will be more stock.
Great stuff. Didn't pick up any of the denim tonight.

korce

Reaction score
^ Wish I was in Vancity instead of TO!! Any other awesome deals? Does anyone have plans to pick stuff up for re-sale on the forum?

For that matter, at $75CAD a pair I would def be interested in a pair of the grey slim denims they put out this fall (if there are any left in a sz 31 or 32). Or grey denims in the classic (straight leg) cut for that matter...Anyone feel like proxying, or know if either of these are left?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd size down as well. I bought mine true to size (raw blacks) and they fit big. I don't really mind but would've sized down one if I had the chance.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a PROXY for these. $130 plus shipping. Indigo and black wax. Check the FS forum....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads