• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shades of greige m65 jacket

obeserabbit

Reaction score
for anyone who owns this jacket, how would you describe the fit/quality? i've read that SoG had some poor quality stuff..has it improved lately?

also, i'm 5'4 155lbs with a thicker build. would a medium be too long in the waist? i wish i could try it on before purchasing..

edit: medium is actually the same length as a small. i'm more concerned about the fit of the sleeves. my arms are larger and i read that SoG tends to fit slim..maybe i'll go with a large??

Johnnyscans

Reaction score
I have a SoG waxed cotton overshirt (size large) and it fits like a j-crew medium

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do fit a bit slim, but you may be good with a medium, I think you can still get measuements at context if you click on the 'sold out/discountinued' items thing. Quality is pretty bad but you get what you pay for and SoG price point typically reflects the price.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
I have the belted officers jacket in large and I am typically a medium. I could have taken an XL. As far as qaulity is concerned it is worth the $100 I paid for it. This jacket is very slim in the arms.

fuego!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obeserabbit
could you please elaborate?

Not the same guy but...

I have a SoG military shirt and I briefly owned a plaid print m65. Both of the items looked amazing and were cut really well. They were also slightly longer in the body which is great because I have a very long torso and things are often too short for me. I also bought one size up from my normal size to get the proper fit (a M --> L)

However, the quality on all the SoG stuff I have ever seen has been ****. The materials are very light, a lot of frays on the stitching, and buttons not attached great. I returned the jacket to revolve because one day after I got it in the mail the arm pit just frayed apart.

In short...

Cut is sick
Excellent price
****** quality

obeserabbit

Reaction score
i see..one of the main things i really loved was the cut of the jacket. i'm thinking around $155 on revolve for the jacket isn't a bad price, but if its gonna fall apart on me...
hmm any suggestions for an alternative?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuego!
Not the same guy but... I have a SoG military shirt and I briefly owned a plaid print m65. Both of the items looked amazing and were cut really well. They were also slightly longer in the body which is great because I have a very long torso and things are often too short for me. I also bought one size up from my normal size to get the proper fit (a M --> L) However, the quality on all the SoG stuff I have ever seen has been ****. The materials are very light, a lot of frays on the stitching, and buttons not attached great. I returned the jacket to revolve because one day after I got it in the mail the arm pit just frayed apart. In short... Cut is sick Excellent price ****** quality
+1...A lot of people deride clothing from H&M, Gap, et al due to poor "quality." Maybe I'm simply lucky but nothing I have ever gotten from your typical mega mall-brand has every actually fallen apart on me. The one piece I have from SoG, however, has more or less deteriorated after a single wash. Given what I have heard from others, this doesn't seem like an isolated incident. I would stay clear of their outerwear.

caff

Reaction score
I've been wearing mine for weeks and have had no problems. It seems like SoG has a serious case of YMMV because I've gotten some pretty poor quality from them before too.

Wu Dynasty

Reaction score
I bought one of their military style shirts and I sent it back the day I got it in the mail. A couple of the button holes weren't even cut open and there was a tear in one of the cuffs. I also owned the thin pea coat they released a while ago. I washed it and it literally fell apart.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obeserabbit
i see..one of the main things i really loved was the cut of the jacket. i'm thinking around $155 on revolve for the jacket isn't a bad price, but if its gonna fall apart on me...
hmm any suggestions for an alternative?

For $155 you can do similar style at much better quality with on the brands on sale right now. For instance I got the Apolis Vandenburg coat at the revolve sale for like $140 marked down from $400 and change... just look around a bit there are lots of great finds to be had right now, and def. for $155 or less.

obeserabbit

Reaction score
i've been searching online and i couldn't really find another jacket that i like (i'm looking for a black wool m65, and i really like the style of the SoG m65)

i've emailed context and revolve and they're both out of stock for the black wool. what are my options?

mmm

Reaction score
As far as the quality goes, I bought a belted officers jacket a few weeks back and one of the buttons literally popped off the first time I opened it up to try it on. The belts on the wrists were different sizes and the belt on the waist was way too big. Even on the smallest hole there is a few inches in room (doesnt fit tight, hangs loose off the body).

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously? I thought their asymetrical hoodie was pretty neat and wanted to buy it on revolve, unforutalty it was sold out...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads