• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borrelli Fit

judges76

Reaction score
I was in Saks today looking for Borrelli shirts. I found a few that I really liked in 17, what I usually wear, I tried them on & the shoulders ended by my triceps. So I tried the 16.5 & the shoulders ended way past my shoulders. So I tried the 16 & these also ended past my shoulders. Almost all my shirts are 17 & I have reasonably broad shoulders & when buying OTR I fill out the shoulders of my 17 shirts very nicely. I do have a handful of US cut Borrelli shirts so I am familiar with the sizing. Does anyone have this problem with their Borrelli shirts? Needless to say I didn't buy any.

lpresq

Reaction score
Yep, they offer a range of cuts, and their US fit is known to run extremely large.

Wicky

Reaction score
And in the European (slim) cut I always have to size down. Normally EU42 (US16.5) -> EU40/41 (US15,75 or 16). Then the fit is perfect.

Patrician

Reaction score
Where can I find a shirtmaker that has the same quality as Borrelli that does slimfit?? They're way too baggy for me.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrician
Where can I find a shirtmaker that has the same quality as Borrelli that does slimfit?? They're way too baggy for me.

Oh boy! Have you opened a can worms!

People either love Borrelli, hate Borrelli, or love to hate Borrelli!
This should be interesting.

extempore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
Yep, they offer a range of cuts, and their US fit is known to run extremely large.
146511472_b938263e4e.jpg

teacha.gif

judges76

Reaction score
I love the Borrelli shirts that I own. The ones I tried on were just totally disproportionate by the shoulders.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try Barba at www.shopthefinest.com. Italian made, with some handwork and generally cut slim.

Montesquieu

Reaction score
I prefer Finamore for slim fit. It's also at Shop the Finest, but I buy mine MTM.

Borrelli sucks. They struggle even to get MTM right. I have 6 MTM shirts from them, and all were so baggy in the waist that they required major alterations post-purchase. RTW suit and trousers from their Milan boutique also required alterations to become sufficiently slim, despite the suit being downsized from any other I've ever bought. Borrelli's Napolitan competition severely outclasses them.

Taxler

Reaction score

If it's Borrelli you want, why not have Borrelli make it; they'll make the shirt as slim as you want- Just don't ask them to change the collar.

Montesquieu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taxler
If it's Borrelli you want, why not have Borrelli make it; they'll make the shirt as slim as you want- Just don't ask them to change the collar.

They failed to do this in my case. I explicitly asked for slim fit on my MTM order, and they deliverd something that was anything but. I would advise others against using them based on this experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads