• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirt colors that coordinate w/orange loafers

PabloPerfecto

Reaction score
What shirt colors would best coordinate with orange-colored casual loafers? I plan to wear these with a medium-fade blue jean.

I wish to avoid a harsh contrast, so I think two options would be similar colors to the shoes stitching and sole. I think other obvious choices would be a blue slightly darker (a dull royal blue?) than the jeans or perhaps trying different shades of green. I'm leaning to the sole color or an appropriate shade of green since both blue jeans and shirt together would be too monochromatic.

Would orange shoes with a green shirt be comical?

http://www.hsn.com/mens-shop/mens-st...lled%20leather

jessetk313

Reaction score
I don't want to mean to come off like an a**hole, but why would you buy Orange Loafers?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about grey trousers and a white shirt?

Orange and white is a great combination. It makes people think of creamsicles, and everyone loves creamsicles!

PabloPerfecto

Reaction score
Thanks for the wonderful welcome, fellas! It’s nice to meet you too!

I don’t own the pair in the picture; they are only representative of the color. I bought them because I wanted something other than the norm, have a little fun instead. I know they are outlandish, but that’s the point, which it seems not everyone got.

I thought about grey or white, but not in combination. That’s a great suggestion; it’ll definitely underwhelm the orange, as I’m hoping to do.

JO3B

Reaction score
man i came into this thread thinking of a pair of orange suede driving loafers and instead its those monstrosities.

you shouldn't wear those at all, let alone something with them.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eagle
Are you from Tennessee?

I used to have an orange polo shirt and finally gave it up after receiving so many unwarranted Vols-fan comments upon moving here.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PabloPerfecto
Thanks for the wonderful welcome, fellas! It's nice to meet you too!

I don't own the pair in the picture; they are only representative of the color. I bought them because I wanted something other than the norm, have a little fun instead. I know they are outlandish, but that's the point, which it seems not everyone got.

I thought about grey or white, but not in combination. That's a great suggestion; it'll definitely underwhelm the orange, as I'm hoping to do.

Not that it's a bad thing, but if you want to come off gay you can rock the orange loafers with a pink polo. If you want a look other than that I'd say trash the orange loafers.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
How about grey trousers and a white shirt?

Orange and white is a great combination. It makes people think of creamsicles, and everyone loves creamsicles!

+1. It's hard to hate man who looks like a delicious creamsicle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads