• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: Tom Ford Amber Absolute. This is good stuff, price be damned.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Today: Tom Ford Amber Absolute. This is good stuff, price be damned.

Yeah, I'm jealous!
smile.gif
Though I really think until you get some equally absurdly overpriced Armani Prive Ambre Soie your amber journey will be incomplete!

I'm also sending you the polar opposite of the heavy ambers for you to try... Marc Jacobs Amber. It's actually quite pleasant and light, yet warm and still substantial for an amber. I'm more accustomed to heavier ambers of the Ambre Russe category, but I'll be curious to see what you think of it.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Yeah, I'm jealous!
smile.gif
Though I really think until you get some equally absurdly overpriced Armani Prive Ambre Soie your amber journey will be incomplete!

I'm also sending you the polar opposite of the heavy ambers for you to try... Marc Jacobs Amber. It's actually quite pleasant and light, yet warm and still substantial for an amber. I'm more accustomed to heavier ambers of the Ambre Russe category, but I'll be curious to see what you think of it.

I'm pretty well Ambered out at the moment. This one is a dense, smoky, incensy custard of an Amber scent. Actually - MPG Ambre Precieux, played in a minor key. I also have Voile d'Ambre which is a simple amber/coumarin scent. Good but hardly compelling like this one.

Maybe I can make room for Ambre Sultan. Maybe.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Then I'll be curious to hear your thoughts about the MJ amber, as the dry down is quite unique, but unexpected. It starts off too sweet, but then dries down warmer.

Anyway, if you don't like it, it is one Mrs. T might also like... I have a gigantic 300ml bottle of it, so I don't mind sharing (haha)

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any fans/users of Pomegranate Noir?

I promised myself no more blind buys/swaps but I recently got an offer on a swap of this and I bit as it looked intriguing.

Can anybody tell me what I'm in for?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on the last of my Eau Sauvage Extreme (annoyingly it's not been available in the UK for a few years and last time I imported i got hit by customs charges) - I like the standard version but not as much.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my newly acquired Truefitt&Hill Freshman today,
Its like Green Irish Tweed meets Polo Sport

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I have tried it several times and find it odd but not interesting. The appeal is lost on me.

Some time give Le Labo Patchouli 24 a sniff. If you found the Black uninteresting, I'd be curious to see if the Le Labo (made by the same "nose" and somewhat related to each other) would more spark your interest. It's really a unique one...

oceans11

Reaction score
I'm also liking Frank Los Angeles #1 I believe. I can't remember because they have 1-3 & I bought #2 & didn't like it because it had a very high Cinnamon note in it.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing a sample of Montale's Patchouli Leaves tonight,
Would be a nice scent for the winter, I could only handle it occasionally as its pretty rich..
Maybe a more grown up version of Angel.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tom Ford White Patchouli. Really wonderful stuff... with Black Orchid and now White Patchouli, Ford really is outdoing himself in the "mainstream scent" world. I just wish I hadn't been so disappointed in his men's fragrance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics