• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need advice about Suit.

FatGuy_

Reaction score
Is there anything wrong with with how this suit sits on me, when i were buying it i found no problem, but now trousers seems little too long, perhaps anything else?
suit3ne4.gif

SlamMan

Reaction score
The whole thing looks huge, including the pants. It looks like you're wearing your dad's suit.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FatGuy_
Is there anything wrong with with how this suit sits on me

You'd probably get a much shorter answer if you asked what was right about it...

FatGuy_

Reaction score
What exactly is huge length or volume? If last then its just impression since it just fits me 1 size lower and i hardly can close buttons on jacket.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything looks big including the shoulders, which leads me to believe that it is too big. If the next size down was too small, than this may indeed be the right size. When you tried the next size down did you go to the next even size down (i.e. a 42 to to a 40)? if so you might want to try a 41. They are generally made, but not always stocked in the stores. You also might want to try a different maker with more narrow shoulders.

At the very least, have the pants and sleeves taken up and (probably) the jacket taken in in the sides a bit. Also don't button all three buttons -- middle one always, top one sometimes, bottom one never.

FatGuy_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Everything looks big including the shoulders, which leads me to believe that it is too big. If the next size down was too small, than this may indeed be the right size. When you tried the next size down did you go to the next even size down (i.e. a 42 to to a 40)? if so you might want to try a 41. They are generally made, but not always stocked in the stores. You also might want to try a different maker with more narrow shoulders. At the very least, have the pants and sleeves taken up and (probably) the jacket taken in in the sides a bit. Also don't button all three buttons -- middle one always, top one sometimes, bottom one never.
I dont know i look in the mirror and jacket dont look big anywhere only looks little long, but hands are fine length so i believe its style. Sizes are going 50 and next one is 48, so no middle one here, and we live in small town no chance to find size 41 here besides i dont believe i need it either.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
He's right, it does look big everywhere - sleeves are a half to a full inch too long, and it looks like there's enough space below the buttons to just take it in that much (the level in the picture is where a shirt sleeve should be, if even that far); the length of the jacket is probably a bit long, can't really tell from the picture, pants are inches too long. The thing doesn't fit well; even if the chest is well-fit, wouldn't hurt to make it slim by taking in the waist.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok. Some of this comes down to how you feel in it and how you feel about it - and only you can know that. I would suggest having the sleeves taken up as well as the legs. You generally want jacket sleeves to go to your wrist and no longer. You want a bit of shirt cuff to show at the end.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's much too big. I don't even think it could be altered to fit properly.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When buttoning all three buttons on a suit is the least of your problems, you know you've got serious some problems.

To the OP, I would accept the fact that the suit is ill-fitting in just about every area and return it if you can.

penguin vic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FatGuy_
I dont know i look in the mirror and jacket dont look big anywhere only looks little long, but hands are fine length so i believe its style. Sizes are going 50 and next one is 48, so no middle one here, and we live in small town no chance to find size 41 here besides i dont believe i need it either.

... You're right. It's perfect for you.

aldica

Reaction score
In my opinion the trousers are long, and you could likely take in the body slightly. Although you didn't ask, may I suggest you only button the center button? A pocket square would be a good touch also.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads