• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Entourage

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, let's not take it too seriously. It's not a super-accurate representation of the real world. It's just fun.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The show would've been much more inetersting had he stayed in Queens and start auditioning for TV work or something else. Getting show back to LA back to big movies is going to kill it. How many times can you see Entourage strolling past sports cars and chicks in mini skirts.
Yawn.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think that Scorsese will shoot his "modern Great Gatsby set in the Upper West Side" in LA... Next season might be partly set in NYC

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
The show would've been much more inetersting had he stayed in Queens and start auditioning for TV work or something else. Getting show back to LA back to big movies is going to kill it. How many times can you see Entourage strolling past sports cars and chicks in mini skirts.
Yawn.

Yea the problem is that it wouldn't really be entourage anymore. TV actors don't have nearly the luster and fame of film stars. It would also effectively kill his major film career.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
I really hope some of next season is set in NYC and they show filming of The Great Gatsby. I'm worried they'll skip over most of it and start off with the moving already being shot. Also will Gary Cole be frequenting the show or was that just for those 2 episodes?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
You seem to not have a brain. It has nothing to do with what I think of Vince. It's a TV show, I really don't care. However, it is a show that is billed as being a realistic representation of hollywood. Head On was a cheesy action film in which Vince's acting was completely and utterly panned. Then in Medeillin, where they had 100% artistic license and control, he was a laughable disaster. A total and complete catastrophe. Everyone including his friends and family panned him. Remember how mad Ari got when E let him see the reviews from Head On? Again, you are comparing him to DiCaprio when they couldn't be more different. DiCaprio established himself as a serious, noteworthy actor LONG before Titanic. Ever watch This Boy's Life (where he stars opposite ******* Robert DeNiro) or What's Eating Gilbert Grape (a movie that includes Johnny Depp), then how about Marvin's Room where he works with Merryl Streep, Robert DeNiro and Diane Keaton? All of this, including Basketball Diaries happened BEFORE Titanic.

Stop making the comparison, no one else sees it that way. Aquaman is a ****** blockbuster that sells huge. Scorsese doesn't care about that, and Van Sant certainly doesn't. If they pick him it's on the strength of these alleged scenes. Do you still not understand that this is not realistic at all? Yes, you can argue that both of them suddenly love him based on some dailies from Smoke Jumpers, but to say that Scorsese is interested in him based on a cheesy super hero movie is really quite stupid. In the case of DiCaprio, Scorsese had more than a few films in which DiCaprio acted with legends and did a very good job. In any case, in observing Scorsese's entire career, not to mention Van Sant, neither would ever get near someone like Vincent Chase who is basically a facsimile of Colin Farell (who Ari Gold basically compares him to). So again, perhaps they did like his acting, but it's still 100% unrealistic and would never, ever happen. That being said i realize it's a TV show and will continue watching. I find it a great show to watch, it's fun and it entertains me. Still, I think they **** the bed with that ending.

This pretty much confirms you still can't separate real life and this show from one another.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
This pretty much confirms you still can't separate real life and this show from one another.

No, it confirms like everyone else thinks, that a show that is billed on its reality (notice how most of the famous people in the show play themselves in real life) just **** the bed? Read everything that's been written about it. They always wanted to make it a fun, realistic portrayal of Hollywood. Well, that ending to anyone who is involved in entertainment, or actually really, anyone who reads Variety once every 5 years with half a brain could tell you, was bullshit. Again, many of the famous people are not made up, they come on the show with their real life reputations and their real life personas, so the fictional parts of the show should fit those.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it confirms like everyone else thinks, that a show that is billed on its reality (notice how most of the famous people in the show play themselves in real life) just **** the bed? Read everything that's been written about it. They always wanted to make it a fun, realistic portrayal of Hollywood. Well, that ending to anyone who is involved in entertainment, or actually really, anyone who reads Variety once every 5 years with half a brain could tell you, was bullshit. Again, many of the famous people are not made up, they come on the show with their real life reputations and their real life personas, so the fictional parts of the show should fit those.

I get your point - which begs the question: why did Marty agree to participate in this story if it's so out of line with what he would do in real life?
1159[1].gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I get your point - which begs the question: why did Marty agree to participate in this story if it's so out of line with what he would do in real life?
1159[1].gif

It was a favor to Mark Wahlberg, who as you know was in Departed.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a favor to Mark Wahlberg, who as you know was in Departed.

That's your answer?
laugh.gif

I didn't ask why he agreed to be in Entourage. I asked why you think he agreed on to play this part in this specific story, which we assume may also spill over to next season. We both know that Marty has enough clout to twist a plot if he finds it completely out of line, right?

Food for thought...

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's your answer?
laugh.gif

I didn't ask why he agreed to be in Entourage. I asked why you think he agreed on to play this part in this specific story, which we assume may also spill over to next season. We both know that Marty has enough clout to twist a plot if he finds it completely out of line, right?

Food for thought...

Not really, it's a tiny little cameo which might amount to 10-20 lines of dialogue in the next season. For him it's a little fun I'm guessing. Would the same ever happen in real life, if it was his ass on the line making a movie with a studio to answer to and his own creative standards? **** no.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, you're answering a different question (why did he agree to appear on Entourage?) but that's fine. I just wanted to instill a little bit of doubt in your absolute certainty that it was an impossible story - not sure that I succeeded...

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, you're answering a different question (why did he agree to appear on Entourage?) but that's fine. I just wanted to instill a little bit of doubt in your absolute certainty that it was an impossible story - not sure that I succeeded...

No, I absolutely see what you're getting at. But again I believe he was in it for a bit of fun, nothing more, and I'd be surprised if he knew the plot. Remember, he knows the show is about Mark, so to him it's somewhat plausible.

jase12

Reaction score

its a tv show you spanner head, not a documentary. i thought the finale was great because it made me happy for the boys and gave me a laugh. dont know about everyone else but thats all im after when i watch entourage. if i wanted realism i'd watch bio or the history channel

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jase12
its a tv show you spanner head, not a documentary. i thought the finale was great because it made me happy for the boys and gave me a laugh. dont know about everyone else but thats all im after when i watch entourage. if i wanted realism i'd watch bio or the history channel

+1
I really don't want to watch a story of an actor going broke and never getting work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads