• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to Shop in Vienna?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You're going to have a great time! I've been to Vienna quite a bit, and there's a lot of decent places to shop. Hours are tight and the exchange rate sucks, but I always find quality gear there. Here's what I would recommend:

Park (Mondscheingasse 20, 5th District)
www.park.co.at
tel. +43 (0)1 5264414
A two-level concept store with lots of designer merchandise (Martin Margiela, Raf Simons) and a good collection of classics (Barbour, Fred Perry).

Chegini
1., Plankengasse 4
In the first district and a bit hard to find. Great selection of Dior, Dolce, Rick Owens, and some other high-end stuff.

Kärntner Strasse, Graben and Kohlmarkt
These three streets are like the 5th Avenue of Vienna. All the Gucci's, Prada's, Louis Vuitton's, and the like are here. There are also some excellent boutiques for shoes and leather goods.

Naschmarkt
This is a flea market on the weekends. I believe that it starts at 8AM on Saturday and Sunday. Most of it is crap, but every now and then you'll find an amazing vintage watch or mid-century lamp. It's worth checking out, and is an experience onto itself.

Leica Shop
http://www.leicashop.com/
Westbahnstrasse 40, 7th District
Not sure if you're into cameras, but this is one of the best shops in the world. They've got an unbelievably large selection of classic and rare equipment.

Have fun!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Naschmarkt This is a flea market on the weekends. I believe that it starts at 8AM on Saturday and Sunday. Most of it is crap, but every now and then you'll find an amazing vintage watch or mid-century lamp. It's worth checking out, and is an experience onto itself.
It starts at 6.30AM and earlier. It takes place only on Saturday. A experience you shouldn't miss. After bargain hunting and thrifting you can have excellent food from all over the world. Don't miss the Gulasch in "Zum eisernen Mann" or fish at "Umar's"... In the City you have a nice flea market "Am Hof"(Antiques). March - December, Friday and Saturday 10AM - 8PM

Knabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cluster2600
Saturday morning in Vienna I came accross this little shop which makes MTM shirts.

Starting price 120E

http://www.zumjockeyclub.at/

Enjoy.
M.

I can certainly recommend Zum Jockey Club (Tegetthoffstrasse in the first district), Schuhmann (Palais Ferstl, Herrengasse / Freyung in the first district), and the like.
You can buy PRL, Barbour, Burberry etc in "Steffl" on Kärntner Straße (first district).

S

sdfas5342

Originally Posted by Knabe
I can certainly recommend Zum Jockey Club (Tegetthoffstrasse in the first district), Schuhmann (Palais Ferstl, Herrengasse / Freyung in the first district), and the like.
You can buy PRL, Barbour, Burberry etc in "Steffl" on Kärntner Straße (first district).

could you please detail your addresses? give some web links or street addresses? thx. M.

John Ellis

Reaction score
Being a totally convinced Austrophile I love Vienna. I always go to Knize and it is a bit mausoleum like but hell you could say that about the whole city. This great imperial metropolis with the Hofburg, Ring and magnificent public buildings now presiding over a country with about ten million people. It's slight melancholy is part of its charm. I can never remember the names of all the menswear stores I visit and there are plenty on the Kartnerstrasse and in the Graben. Someone above mentioned cufflinks and he's right they have fanastic (and fantasically expensive ones) in the art deco style. I bought a pair from there years ago, very nice. Of course one of the best movies ever made was filmed there. The Third Man. A final comment about Austrian sartorialism. Before the first world war their army had the best looking uniforms. In fact a lot of military wear that's still around has its origins in the Austro Hungarian military. For those interested in such stuff visit the military museum at the Arsenal, it's the second best in the world after the Invalides in Paris.

Knabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cluster2600
could you please detail your addresses?
give some web links or street addresses?

thx.

M.

Zum Jockey Club: http://www.zumjockeyclub.at/ (shirts..)
Schuhmann: http://www.schuhmann.co.at/ (shoes)
Steffl (Barbour, Burberry, PRL, ...): STEFFL, Kärntner Straße 19, 1010 Vienna

Another good thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is:

Modeatelier POLLSIRI
http://www.pollsiri.at/1a.htm
One bespoke shirt costs 118 EUR.

and
WILHELM JUNGMANN & NEFFE
http://www.feinestoffe.at/

Zeev Wolf

Reaction score
Hello, all you gentlemen who love Vienna,
For anyone interested in perfect bespoke hats, you MUST look up Szasz-hats at Mariahilferstrasse 4-6.
To see this workshop that´s more like a museum of imperial workmanship, with all th old steam-presses and wooden and iron forms, (They are being used!) is an experience in itself.
But the handmade hats are of an unheard-of perfection that I could not find anywhere else. Expensive - but worth every cent!!

S

sdfas5342

I think we all forgot about Knize.
Maybe the best address in Vienna.
MTM and RTW clothes, shoes and all kind of accessories.
www.knize.at

Hostage

Reaction score
By the way, do they sell cashmere hat and gloves over there?
smile.gif

Near Vienna there is some shopping centre called Parndorf, anybody heard about that place?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hostage
By the way, do they sell cashmere hat and gloves over there?
smile.gif

Yes... I got my cashmere hat at Knize when I realized my ears were about to freeze off...

Vienna is my favorite city. I wish I could live there. Then I would be a MannBaerSchwein...

Siggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Yes... I got my cashmere hat at Knize when I realized my ears were about to freeze off...

Vienna is my favorite city. I wish I could live there. Then I would be a MannBaerSchwein...

Vienna is a very livable city. As much as I like Paris, I prefer Vienna overall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads