• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DenimFreak411
Question!

This is what I want:

A nice stock indigo raw denim that has these measurements:

11 inch thigh
7 inch leg opening
8 inch knee

What do you guys recommend looking into?

Thanks!

I recommend you look into giving us the waist measurement, too.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8bpc
Besides the shoes or boots and packaging what comes in the shoe box with John Varvatos shoes or boots (not the converse)? shoe bag (1 or 2)? shoe horn? extra laces? care information?
A note written in Mexican that says hola gringo, you paid too much.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DenimFreak411
Question!

This is what I want:

A nice stock indigo raw denim that has these measurements:

11 inch thigh
7 inch leg opening
8 inch knee

What do you guys recommend looking into?

Thanks!

Acne raw in max or mic should fit the bill, prob. APC NC's, maybe Dior 19's not sure though on those

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
Acne raw in max or mic should fit the bill, prob. APC NC's, maybe Dior 19's not sure though on those

I don't think any of those jeans have the combination of 11" thigh and 7" hem, in any size.

+1 on waist measurement would help.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What APC fit would be most comparable to 511's? Fitwise, 511's have been the best for me recently. The denim 511's are made with otherwise, sucks big time.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
I don't think any of those jeans have the combination of 11" thigh and 7" hem, in any size.

+1 on waist measurement would help.

Just measured Acne max 34x34 thigh was 11.25", leg opening was 7.5", APC NS sz 32 thigh was 12", leg opening 7.5".

So those two cuts are very close and those are "large" size.. if you take a 32 or lower in the max they should be spot on for the measurements you are looking for, with the NS if you take a 30 or lower they should be very close as well.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone ID this shirt or one like it? It is a dark fall looing Gingham pattern...

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which color jacket should I get?
41j4n0%2B%2BRlL._SS400_.jpg
Black or
G-Star%20New%20Garber%20Wool%20Trenchn-3.jpg
Navy I don't typically wear a lot of black and stick with mostly brown boots and earth toned clothing. But I can find the black one for 10-15% off. I suppose a secondary question would be how to you guys feel about black coats with brown shoes? I've always had a personal issue with the combination but I've noticed quite a few WAYWT posts with it. Am I just being anal for no reason with this objection of mine?

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the hell happened to Iron Army? They seem to have vanished.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
What the hell happened to a lot of things...? But it looks like IA may be no more and that their creators are now doing this: http://www.city-of-others.com/tiltviewer/ss09.html
Thanks for the info. Damn, I liked a lot of the IA stuff. Was going to buy some jeans from them in the near future. And from a brief perusal of the [City of Others] web site, which lacks an online store, it looks like they may not even be selling raw denim. Iron Army was one of the few brands selling nice jeans with a lower fit. I can't deal with these 11" front rise repro jeans.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
And from a brief perusal of the [City of Others] web site, which lacks an online store, it looks like they may not even be selling raw denim.

Forum affilliates DenimBar and ShopDetour stock Citi of Others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads