• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yet another stylish englishman

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is he? He looks like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's son...
His outfit is
dozingoff.gif

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
Who is he? He looks like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's son...
His outfit is
dozingoff.gif

Lewis Hamilton. Just won the Formula One Championship - youngest driver ever to do so. Kinda reminds me of a young Tiger Woods. Cocky as hell, but rightfully so.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Full Canvas
Is that groupthink or connoisseurs' consensus?

__

Haha, touche.

A connoisseur would consider myself to drive well.

Although a groupthink attitude is surely influenced by the fact that he did, in fact, win.
smile.gif

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Lewis Hamilton. Just won the Formula One Championship - youngest driver ever to do so. Kinda reminds me of a young Tiger Woods. Cocky as hell, but rightfully so.

Oh ok. I haven't followed much this season since the beginning when Danica Patrick won her race in April.
How's Raikkonen doing?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
Oh ok. I haven't followed much this season since the beginning when Danica Patrick won her race in April.
How's Raikkonen doing?

I don't watch much either. But Raikkonen did well to anyones standards, but he said he was having problems getting motivated. Apparently he said he didn't care much when the championship is out of reach, which is understandable.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OxxfordSJLINY
Don't forget the ticket pocket, which would look great on a single breasted jacket with a notch lapel as well as on a double breasted jacket with a peak lapel but looks awful on a single breasted jacket with a peak lapel.
Really? Your namesake Oxxford likes this look and I have a beautiful golden (brown is for ...) plaid cashmere to prove it.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salsalocust
There is NO way you can rationally comment on those shoes from that photo...... other than they are black or very dark brownn So, if black/dark brown = ugly!!!!!........ I despair
confused.gif
Regards, Graham

From what I can see of the shoes, they look decent. The collar is obviously too wide and the sleeves need adjusting, not loving the tie pin and he could use a splash of muted color but he looks better than most these days. Give him time. The instincts seem good.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None of these are terribly impressive. If I were a star of some kind, I would probably go with all of the odd flourishes that the first guy has though.

Biscione

Reaction score
Congratulations; a third addition into a thread of famous Englishmen wearing completely unremarkable clothing. Not one of these looks is slightly more exceptional than the sort of thing one would expect to see on the regular businessman. In fact, a lot of this is the sort of thing that I'd expect to see on the regular businessman. Ill-fitting dark suits, mediocre black shoes, shirts too-large in the collar, no pocket square, forgettable ties... the list goes on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads